maavalos8

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2021
Country
US
Hi everyone :)

I had never heard of this until rheumatologist told me and put me on Amlodipine to help. I get cold and white and numb toes no matter the weather. It's getting to the point where even taking a hot shower brings it on. She told me it will go away when weather is warmer but I'm thinking it won't.

I only got it in my fingers once. More of an uncomroftable thing and quite irritating.

Not sure if this can go hand in hand with fibro? I also have inflammatory arthritis and possible Lupus.

The BP med seems like it MIGHT be helping but not sure if it's that or one of the 100's of meds they have me on.

Anyone else experience this?

Only a little experience, not really the same thing, since it never happens if I am warm. But my fingertips get cold and bloodless-white extremely fast in any kind of cold. Even in the house, if the temperature is low. If I walk into an air conditioned building after being out on a hot summer day, my fingertips will be white and numb within five minutes, even though I always put on a shirt when I go in from the heat. I just always thought it was poor circulation in my hands, and never considered that it could be linked to fibromyalgia. Interesting ....I wonder if it is. Although I don't live in a cold climate, I did grow up in an extremely cold place and did not have this problem there as a child.

Had Raynaud as a youth, didn't notice it that much in the meantime, but now since fibro my feet are otherwise so cold that I wore 3 pairs of (cotton) socks most of last summer (except really hot days) and 1 pair of woolen ones over that from Oct-Apr. Have to keep my cold showering short or warm them up again after, either with hot water or a hot water bottle/pad. Often stand on a hot pad or similar. I'd never take a med for that, but then most only harm me anyway...

Yes, I get this in my fingers. Very painful. I read somewhere that it is one of the things that may go along with fibro.

Hi,
Yes, I have Raynauds, and have had it years prior to my diagnosis of FM. It's in my hands, feet and nose. I find it worse in the summer... I'm at the point that it's keeping me awake at night and so I'm consider meds to help. Wish I could offer other advice but it's irritating for me year around...

Good luck,
Carolyn Rhodes

I have a similar problem. I'm 54 yo. I've had fibro for about 17 years. My whole body gets cold very easily. I can't get warm on my own. I usually have to use a heat source to get warm. I get like convulsions instead of shivering, but my muscles don't shiver well anymore. I hope you figure it out. If so, drop a line, and I'll try to remember to do the same. Thanks!

Hasn't helped my cold feet, but TCM/acupressure has improved my cold-tolerance a lot ("activated the inner cooking pot"), along I think with the cryotherapy and cold showering.

Hello. Yes, I have Raynauds as well as FM. I also have Sjogren's Syndrome. My fingers and toes are most affected by it (sometimes my nose is as well). I notice stress is a trigger, but also sometimes it is the cold. My Rheumatologist said that I will be the old lady who always has the gloves on. (I was diagnosed at 32). I find the worse of the white/numbness passes within an hour (and I try and increase circulation by rubbing my hands or using my foot massager/heater.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back