Re-schooling (learning how to program)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might mean you have to participate some more to pass a threshhold...anybody know specifics on this?

I can relay info to you here for now. Do you want experiment with web design or just jump in and build your first website?

Perhaps some information first.
I wouldn't know what website to build. Let alone immediately put money in it.

So what you can do is sign up for WordPress.com. I dont think you need any money at all. If anything requires money, dont do it and I will help a different way

Do you know how much it would cost you to purchase a domain name and webhosting?
prices vary depending on what the company provides - web hosting ie 1 site can be as cheap as $2 to $3 a month you could also look a reseller hosting where you can sell not only the web site design but the actual site again these vary from about $4 a month upwards for 3 to 4 sitesw Wordpress only sites are the cheapest for example you could buy reseller hosting for say $6 a month then charge clients $12 a month for their site design and hosting - can be a good little income stream. Domain names are as cheap as dirt nowadays and again it depends on the extension .com and country extensions are the dearest while .info etc cheap To just get say a wordpress site for yourself you are looking at say $3 a month from Hostgator and Hostpapa to $8 a month on GoDaddy . With the hosting you also get your own email server. I run a Windows based reseller hosting but pay a lot more money I used to charge commercial clients $250 a month for their Website (dotnetnuke), the maintence and updates. I just use it nowadays to provide free commuinity websites (bit like this site)

prices vary depending on what the company provides - web hosting ie 1 site can be as cheap as $2 to $3 a month you could also look a reseller hosting where you can sell not only the web site design but the actual site again these vary from about $4 a month upwards for 3 to 4 sitesw Wordpress only sites are the cheapest for example you could buy reseller hosting for say $6 a month then charge clients $12 a month for their site design and hosting - can be a good little income stream. Domain names are as cheap as dirt nowadays and again it depends on the extension .com and country extensions are the dearest while .info etc cheap To just get say a wordpress site for yourself you are looking at say $3 a month from Hostgator and Hostpapa to $8 a month on GoDaddy . With the hosting you also get your own email server. I run a Windows based reseller hosting but pay a lot more money I used to charge commercial clients $250 a month for their Website (dotnetnuke), the maintence and updates. I just use it nowadays to provide free commuinity websites (bit like this site)
For someone starting out I always strongly advise using Siteground…Siteground made my learning curve tolerable 😂 They are available 24/7 no wait on phone or chat. They are on the more expensive side after the first year, but very good first year when a newbie needs help. They always solve everything with class fast. I have used Blue Host, Dream Host, Host Gator, Go Daddy, some other one I forgot and Siteground. Left for money. Wont be leaving again.

remember the cheaper the site usually equales to slow speed, less site backup etc I was caught in a denial of service hack last year brought the whole system down they wanted $1m instead the hosting company simply reload from one of its backup serverfs elsewhere in the US - they had email service on anothedr remopte server and database service on another so thew hacker only got to one. However if you are just using it for your site then it does not really matter you can just ftp it down again. had a good day today no pain to speak of very sore eyes(hastgimoto) so b een working on the site almost all day.

Speed would be a big blow. I just don’t even entertain any hosts besides siteground due to all the unanticipated problems that will come your way. There’s always been something wrong with the other hosts - speed, limits, customer service especially. Nothing like the 1-2 hour wait on go daddy and only to have an uninformed rep tell you one thing you know is wrong.

Are sore eyes like eyes that are sensitive to light?

Are sore eyes like eyes that are sensitive to light?
no hastimoto plays around with a lot of things one for me is that it has stopped the oil ducts in the eyes from working that plus the loss of the eye lashes increases the amountg of rubbish (dust etc) on the eye. I have a little tube of medicine that is supposed to replace the oil which works however due to my essential tremor ( I don't why it is called essential as it is certainly not) I don't always get it in the eye.

Sorry you're dealing with these things
part of growing old I suppose Hastimoto is a bit like Fibromyalgia - getting a Doctror that understands it or even knows about it. Essential Tremor is well known theres a special MRI treatment for it that burns a tiny bit of the brain on one side cures you on one side immediately (can't do both sides) but costs $15k what with COPD,Essential Tremor,Hastimotos and Fibromalgia I'm surviving . You always have to look on the happy side of life when it occurs. It might not occur that often or for long but when it does grab it.

Last edited:
part of growing old I suppose Hastimoto is a bit like Fibromyalgia - getting a Doctror that understands it or even knows about it.
Doctors 😔
Essential Tremor is well known theres a special MRI treatment for it that burns a tiny bit of the brain on one side cures you on one side immediately (can't do both sides) but costs $15k
😳
what with COPD,Essential Tremor,Hastimotos and Fibromalgia I'm surviving . You always have to look on the happy side of life when it occurs. It might not occur that often or for long but when it does grab it.
Perspective is just about everything. How much energy do you have in a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back