Redbird88J

Reason
DX CFS
Diagnosis
08/2021
Country
SE
Hey everyone,

I have been reading on this forum for a while now. I barely respond.
But since recently I have been feeling well enough to start thinking a little about the future.

I have been thinking about learning to code, slow paced with no deadlines.
Just trying to understand and force myself to have a little routine in the day.

Are there any people who perhaps want to participate and learn how we can overcome the obstacles we have been given?

Kind regards,

Jess

I started out as a commercial programmer/analyst I still code for fun and brain exercise but with the brain fog am a lot slower at it. There are a lot of slow pace courses out there to learn to code - coding/programming requires logic which makes your brain work and that is a good thing to overcome brain fog and to keep your mind off the Fibro

lol, if you are good with that sort of thing, my hat is off to you.. I can barely manage basic bulletin board code 😜
and by basic, i mean things like bold, italics, underline, and such. Beyond that, forget about it. I am not a coder.

Recently I gained a bit of function back and I want to use it.
I feel very insecure about job possibilities that rely on me driving at least 30 min to and 30 min back to work.
Therefor I am hoping to learn code within a reasonable time and get an online job.

I was just looking for someone to do it with, to keep each other on the right track.

Glad to hear that it does help with brain fog, I was hoping that it would not limit me too much.

what code are you wanting to learn there are many types of code - some used commercailly some not.

what code are you wanting to learn there are many types of code - some used commercailly some not.
I am trying to learn Javascript at the moment.
I have some knowledge of HTML and CSS.

It is an excellent idea training in a subject that would enable you to work from home. Coding will come in very useful, I've only come into contact with it when attempting to follow PC / home cinema guides with lines cut and pasted. All the best for your studies

a lot of US University's have good short online courses on Javascript they are free to do only pay if you want the certificate. If you get youreself a reseller plan from the hosting companies web development and management can be a good little earner -you charge for the web site design and the hosting. good luck mind you nothing better to take your mind off fibro etc then making the brain work on other things

a lot of US University's have good short online courses on Javascript they are free to do only pay if you want the certificate. If you get youreself a reseller plan from the hosting companies web development and management can be a good little earner -you charge for the web site design and the hosting. good luck mind you nothing better to take your mind off fibro etc then making the brain work on other things
Thank you. I will look into it. I guess since it is online it doesn't matter I live in Sweden.

Hey everyone,

I have been reading on this forum for a while now. I barely respond.
But since recently I have been feeling well enough to start thinking a little about the future.

I have been thinking about learning to code, slow paced with no deadlines.
Just trying to understand and force myself to have a little routine in the day.

Are there any people who perhaps want to participate and learn how we can overcome the obstacles we have been given?

Kind regards,

Jess
Hi, Jess 😁

You're a Titan! You're a focus ninja! 🥷

I have switched into web design but not coding. WordPress is so widely accepted and I think working with companies so large that they need someone to write code for them would be too much pressure. I use Wordpress' Divi theme which is more than enough learning for me 😂. It's complicated enough. I sometimes manipulate someone else's code to achieve an anesthetic but I think it's super simple compared to what you are talking about. There's a reason building a WordPress website for a small business runs $5,000 - $10,000. It's a real pain sometimes!

I probably could help you if you decide to switch to WordPress web design :)

Xara Designer is a good l;ittle web design package you can also use Artisteer to creatre themes ( will also create themes for wordpress) I use a package called DotNetNuke which has been around for years there is still a free version as a lot of individuals including myself did mods and patchews to it. The older versions are still available with all their free addons - good software to setup a hosting/design venture (has to be on windows server as uses MSSQL databases however using Xara you could design and install sites with ease and they run on any server curentl;y working on a community website just to keep the brain going (can be a real chore sometimes!)

Hi, Jess 😁

You're a Titan! You're a focus ninja! 🥷

I have switched into web design but not coding. WordPress is so widely accepted and I think working with companies so large that they need someone to write code for them would be too much pressure. I use Wordpress' Divi theme which is more than enough learning for me 😂. It's complicated enough. I sometimes manipulate someone else's code to achieve an anesthetic but I think it's super simple compared to what you are talking about. There's a reason building a WordPress website for a small business runs $5,000 - $10,000. It's a real pain sometimes!

I probably could help you if you decide to switch to WordPress web design :)
woow that sounds amazing.
Considering where I live, web design is definitely a skill of value.
They still live in the stone ages here and it shows on their websites.

So, yes I would love your help.

Do you know how much it would cost you to purchase a domain name and webhosting?

Check out siteground wordpress webhosting - by far the best option for a beginner

Do you know how much it would cost you to purchase a domain name and webhosting?

Check out siteground wordpress webhosting - by far the best option for a beginner
Depends if I start with one website or the unlimited websites.

How can we message in private?

I see your message, but can not respond to it :S for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back