Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IR
State
WM
Hi, my name is Megan and I'm a 19 year old student from Ireland. I'm posting here because I'm pretty much hopeless and so worried about my symptoms. I've been experiencing on and off pain for the last two years or so in my shoulders, knees, neck and back, but the place that aches the most is my hips. I went to see my doctor who gave me a blood test, which came back "all clear," and I basically had to ask to be prescribed something, because I was in so much pain. I was prescribed Celecoxib which did alleviate my symptoms for a while, but in the past few days I've noticed the pain slowly coming back. I've tried to ignore it and not make a big deal of it seeing as this pain caused massive problems in my daily life, but tonight my left shoulder has started hurting, with the pain going into my neck and down my arm (my left shoulder has always given me the most trouble).

I'm really desperate here. I don't know what on earth could be wrong with me. No over the counter medication works, and I don't want to become dependent on Celecoxib. I also am wary of returning to my doctor, seeing as I don't feel as though I'm being taking seriously, probably due to my age. Do these sound like FM symptoms? I know nobody here can diagnose me but maybe you could rule it out?

Thank you so much for any help.

Megan

Megan, my heart goes out to you, so young. I'm 69 and fight the same pains. While you wait for a diagnosis you could try some tropicals like bio freeze or max freeze. Hopefully you can find some doctors to help you figure out whats happening. Try not to take too many pills because you end up with other problems.
(((gentle hugs)))

Megan, these could be Fibromyalgia symptoms, but they also could be many other things. I suggest that before you go any farther with trying to figure out what it is on your own you get tested for all of the other things it could be. There are a lot of things that cause the same symptoms, and unfortunately fibromyalgia doesn't have a definitive test, but is rather a diagnosis reached after everything else has been ruled out.

I am glad you are wary of taking medication and becoming dependent on it. That is very important. There are many things you can do to help yourself that do not involve medication.

If your doctor is not taking you seriously, which by the way is very common, then find others who will. I wish you the best of luck and remember that we are here to help and support you in whatever way we can.

Hi - ah... first I've heard on forums of anyone getting Celecoxib for fibro! I got it (Germany), but got a severe rash from it, so (thankfully) stopped, similar with 4 other similar pain meds, making me concentrate on non-med approaches.

It actually really helped for a while, I took it for a week's straight and then only when I needed it but like I said in the post I'd be nervous about getting dependent on it so I've stopped taking it. And yeah I wasn't actually diagnosed with fibromyalgia but I think they prescribed Celecoxib because over the counter medication wasn't working for me anymore.

I had a blood test which came back clear, I think they were testing for any autoimmune disorders or arthritis, so I'm not sure what else it could be. My doctor suggested I go to physio but again seeing as I don't know what it is I'm not sure if they can help me. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

If there's a chance to get physio, I'd try it - but keeping it gentle, whatever they say, would fit to fibro best, if that's your bet. Try osteopathy or acupressure if possible, as they are much more gentle than the normal types. However usually costly.

Last edited:
I would try to get into a spinal doctor a neuro spinal doctor would be best. To me, it sounds more like the nerves that travel up and down your spine because they can cause symptoms elsewhere. I had neck and lower back surgery to correct some of the same symptoms you are having. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back