DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
AU
State
VC
Hi everyone!
Let me say how wonderful it is to have a space to talk to you people whom are going through the same thIng without having to explain yourself constantly and getting interesting looks.
I have been told I have severe fibro and really didnt need to be told that because I feel it everyday. I just read some where that a lot of people with fibro also have vitilligo and melasma which I have had for like 20 plus years and no one ever gave me any answers why. Now it makes sense.
Does anyone else have the same skin conditions?

Reactions: RLG
I don't have any skin conditions myself, Jane, but welcome to the forum.
We are here to support, encourage, and do our best to help answer any questions you may have.

Thanks sunkacola! Its been the past few weeks that I have had a major flare up due to some high stress and at least I know that is a major trigger for me. Im exploring some relaxation paths and my gosh this fibro fog is bad and forgetting words lately ha!
I have my first Rheumatologist appointment in just over a week so hopefully i get some answers.

Thanks sunkacola! Its been the past few weeks that I have had a major flare up due to some high stress and at least I know that is a major trigger for me. Im exploring some relaxation paths and my gosh this fibro fog is bad and forgetting words lately ha!
I have my first Rheumatologist appointment in just over a week so hopefully i get some answers.
Welcome, Jane78. So sorry to hear of your flares and struggles. This is a very good place to find support and understanding! I also had my first visit with a rheumatologist recently, I found it to be the most intensive exam I'd ever received by a doctor--hope your appt. is helpful and healing and offers workable solutions! Let us know what you find out.

Hi Jane78' and welcome to the forum. I have had a mild case of rosasea my entire life. I have never attributed that to fibro but there might be a connection.
My skin condition is not like yours but you might be right there might be an association between skin conditions and fibromyalgia. I have had some laser treatment a few years ago and it helped a bit. I still wear makeup to cover up though.
Stress is a major trigger for me too and I can totally sympathise with the brain fog. The words are always at the tip of my tongue and struggle to come out. 😒Very frustrating. All the best with the rheumatologist. Hope you get your answers. 😊

Welcome, Jane78. So sorry to hear of your flares and struggles. This is a very good place to find support and understanding! I also had my first visit with a rheumatologist recently, I found it to be the most intensive exam I'd ever received by a doctor--hope your appt. is helpful and healing and offers workable solutions! Let us know what you find out.
Thank you RLG :) Wow ok if you dont mind me asking what did the initial appointment entail?

Hi Jane78' and welcome to the forum. I have had a mild case of rosasea my entire life. I have never attributed that to fibro but there might be a connection.
My skin condition is not like yours but you might be right there might be an association between skin conditions and fibromyalgia. I have had some laser treatment a few years ago and it helped a bit. I still wear makeup to cover up though.
Stress is a major trigger for me too and I can totally sympathise with the brain fog. The words are always at the tip of my tongue and struggle to come out. 😒Very frustrating. All the best with the rheumatologist. Hope you get your answers. 😊
Hi Eff2013! Yes I read some where the coralation of the skin conditions and fibro. Vitilligo is an autoimune and fibro could be a secondary to the fibro. Lucky enough I dont have the melasma on my face, just on my neck and the rest of body.
Thanks for the message 🙂

Hi - yeah, I now have severe fibro and I've always had very sensitive dry skin, atopic dermatitis/neurodermatitis,
but just with a lot of itching; rashes and stuff only thru meds.
Reducing water and "soap" contact to the minimum helps me, lotions don't. Independent of stress.
Been swimming again for 20mins here in the rheumatology clinic, and it's been OK, I'm glad to say.
Now there's a suspicion that I have sjögren's, so autoimmune may be a connection here too, but as I said I had it long before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back