Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
Hello all,

Let me write you a short novel... hahaha

I'm 27 and was recently diagnosed with fibro by a rheumatologist after enduring months of pain, starting with my knees. After seeing my primary, both were x-ray'd and nothing found. I had to fight for a Lyme test to be done and came up negative but my ANA was a low positive so they referred me to a rheum. My symptoms only got worse as I waited for my appointment, and they're even still progressing now.
I'm already on paxil for severe anxiety that was managed in the past but has exploded due to heavy stress over the past 4 years, and was given muscle relaxers for PM use and a referral to start PT. I've been out of work (as a stylist and makeup artist) for 6 months and can't picture being able to return - between the pain, fatigue and my anxiety, I can barely leave my house to walk my dog! 😢

I'm having a hard time with the diagnosis and sometimes I doubt it's correct although I have all the symptoms. Some days I wake up expecting to be better, so I can just laugh at myself and say it was all in my head. But even if I can climb out of bed with only mild discomfort, within 15 minutes I'm hurting all over.
I've been financially independent since I was 17, so moving back home has been hard, but I had savings to help contribute at first. Now I'm running out of money (I used up my UI benefits before this last job while i was in school) and am having to rely on my mom and boyfriend of 6 years and although they're more than willing, it's a harsh blow to my pride :( I was supposed to be moving back to get out of a shitty roommate situation and to help my mom with bills and maintaining the house, not for her to take care of me...

For the past 4 days my worst pain has been in my neck, up to the base of my skull, spanning to my shoulders and down to my lower back. my neck is stiff and I've had headaches the whole time... it's miserable and I'm nervous it's not just my fibro and I should be seeing a doc... not sure if anyone has similar issues? I know every case is different.

I just feel lost, so I guess it's good not to feel alone when I read through the threads.

Hi,

I'm newly diagnosed and in denial as well. Thank you for sharing your novel, lol. For me at least, reading peoples detailed descriptions of what they are going through gives me the confidence to push a little more and make sure this is the right diagnosis. My sister actually suggested to me this morning that I get tested for Lyme.

Good luck to you and I hope you find relief soon,
Cari

Thanks Cari, I hope you get some answers and relief soon. I'm seeing a neurologist to sort out any other possibilities just to be sure. My diagnosis was relatively quick compared to the usual couple years people fight for it... so I like to be sure it can't be anything else since I have a paranoia if I ignore it, it will only get worse lol

ive been from dr to dr..everytime they help me and i get better they then cant see anymore due to insurance so then im starting all ober again.frustrating but i got lymes first then this feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back