Amanda2408

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
UK
Hi all,
After 4 years of going back and forth to doctors I was diagnosed at the beginning of this year.
I have random joint pain in my shoulders, hips, hands and feet.
I also have days where I physically cannot get out of bed.
I am quite active and over the years have meditated, CBT - basically anything I could try I have to self help.
This is ok for 70% of the time but the rest I’m at a frustrated loss?
I just wanted to reach out to other people who understand

Hi all,
After 4 years of going back and forth to doctors I was diagnosed at the beginning of this year.
I have random joint pain in my shoulders, hips, hands and feet.
I also have days where I physically cannot get out of bed.
I am quite active and over the years have meditated, CBT - basically anything I could try I have to self help.
This is ok for 70% of the time but the rest I’m at a frustrated loss?
I just wanted to reach out to other people who understand
Hi Amanda - I understand completely. For me its was a year and a half of dr's appts, tests, ER visits etc. Was diagnosed in January of this year. This condition is HARD!! Symptoms come and go with no rhyme or reason at times. It is good to have forums like this where others understand exactly what we are dealing with. :)

Hi Amanda, It is true that those things you do don't always help as much as we want them to. The important thing is you gotta really try hard not to let the fact that the other 30% exists to discourage you from doing what helps 70% of the time. Try to avoid getting frustrated if you can, as it only causes more stress = more pain.

When I get frustrated, I tell myself this: OK, you can be as frustrated as you want for 5 minutes. Only 5. During that time I can yell into a pillow, pound the floor, rant and rave into my private journal, whatever. Then when the 5 minutes is up, I have to do something productive.

If I can't do something physical that day, then I at least can come here and try to encourage others, or make sure I eat good food, or just chill out with my animals and a movie, whatever. If you don't waste your energy being frustrated, you can use it instead to find out other things you can do that might help you instead of hurting you.

Thank you so much for your words of support 😊 after 2 full days in bed and feeling helpless I don’t feel so alone - I’m here to listen and take the advice of you guys and more than happy to support through bad times 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back