Not open for further replies.

Paulinedb

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
UK
I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but feel very concerned because as well as general pain in my neck and upper back and legs, I have a lot of pain around my ribs, is this usual, thanks for reading,

yes Pauline, try not to worry I have terrible pain and tightness around my ribs, its part of it x

yes Pauline, try not to worry I have terrible pain and tightness around my ribs, its part of it x
Hi Emma, Thanks for getting back to me, I do feel quite scared because of this pain I only expected it to be my neck and shoulders which it has been for a while, but this around the ribs is fairly new to me. Also my legs feel very heavy and wobbly and I just couldn't walk a straight line now, sometimes I feel that I will fall, it is making me very nervous to go out. Is this normal too. Pauline

hi Pauline, honestly sometimes my ribs are the worst pain of all, it wakes me up in the night, my legs feel very heavy a lot and yes you can get wobbly with it, I think that maybe because of the exhaustion aspect of it, have you spoken to your doctors about feeling wobbly? what did they say? don't worry though balance can be a symptom of it, are you on any medication that might be adding to the wobbly feeling? x

hi Pauline, honestly sometimes my ribs are the worst pain of all, it wakes me up in the night, my legs feel very heavy a lot and yes you can get wobbly with it, I think that maybe because of the exhaustion aspect of it, have you spoken to your doctors about feeling wobbly? what did they say? don't worry though balance can be a symptom of it, are you on any medication that might be adding to the wobbly feeling? x
Hi Emma, Thanks for replying, it does help to know others are having the same feeling as I am. In reply to your question I do take medication for high bp but it has never bothered me before. My legs get so stiff particularly when I have sat down for a while and feel so heavy and feel they won't carry me. I do feel tired a lot of the time and sometimes just so tired I don't want to do anything which is not me at all. I hope you are not feeling too bad at the moment and thanks for getting in touch x

hi Pauline, maybe get your doctor to have a look at your blood pressure again if you are worried, I have low bp so get dizzy, my legs get very stiff , today my ankle feels broken but I know it isn't, theres loads of strange symptoms, being tired is completely normal,I am very tired all the time,you are supposed to pace yourself and take a rest whenever you need to, don't feel guilty if you need to rest I believe its your bodys way of coping with the pain, of course being in pain every day will tire us out, and then we don't have refreshing sleep which compounds it, sorry you are so tired, I find that the most annoying part, luckily I am a housewife so I can do my chores as and when. hope you get some relief from it soon, if you are ever scared about new symptoms don't hesitate to ask, I have had it twenty five years and have had every symptom going! take care Pauline xx

hi Pauline, maybe get your doctor to have a look at your blood pressure again if you are worried, I have low bp so get dizzy, my legs get very stiff , today my ankle feels broken but I know it isn't, theres loads of strange symptoms, being tired is completely normal,I am very tired all the time,you are supposed to pace yourself and take a rest whenever you need to, don't feel guilty if you need to rest I believe its your bodys way of coping with the pain, of course being in pain every day will tire us out, and then we don't have refreshing sleep which compounds it, sorry you are so tired, I find that the most annoying part, luckily I am a housewife so I can do my chores as and when. hope you get some relief from it soon, if you are ever scared about new symptoms don't hesitate to ask, I have had it twenty five years and have had every symptom going! take care Pauline xx
Hi Emma, Awful to have had it for that long, I think I have probably had mine for a year or a bit less. I was born with spina bifida, thankfully a mild form, so have had lumber back pain all my life, but this scared me because it is all over. I am retired so like you I can do things when I can and to be honest I don't worry about the housework as much as I used to. Thank you for replying to my posts it is good to know you are not alone. Take care, Pauline x

take care too Pauline, nice to talk to you x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back