Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IND
State
Tamil Nadu
I wish to tell you guys who are in this thread who do not yet have FBM but think that you do that please get yourselves checked up by a doctor. Do the necessary testing and let the results be conclusive, and then we can talk about how to face the disease and how to live and sustain life with it. Not all pains are FBM, please do not panic.

Great piece of advice. It actually irks me how some people I have met in the past think x pain is caused by fibro without even getting tested or checked by a good doctor. We are living a difficult time! Hard to find a good doctor, but it can be done!

I wish to tell you guys who are in this thread who do not yet have FBM but think that you do that please get yourselves checked up by a doctor. Do the necessary testing and let the results be conclusive, and then we can talk about how to face the disease and how to live and sustain life with it. Not all pains are FBM, please do not panic.

thanks for your advice the truth is just what you have pointed out .Proper diagnosis is very key and should not be taking for granted.

I have said this to a few people who come on this forum, and one of the biggest dangers that I believe with this condition is that you could write off some symptoms as part of the condition when in actual fact they are part of a condition all of their own that needs urgent medical attention. For example if you have a pain in your leg then you might think that there's nothing abnormal about that being the case, however it could be that you have a blood clot which could put you at risk of losing your leg at some point in the future if you don't then choose to do anything about it. So whenever you get a new symptom that you have never had investigated before, please make sure that you see your doctor to have it checked up on.

That is a good advice, but please tell me, I don't think that there is any way FBM can be prevented is there?

I don't think there is a way to prevent the disease, at least that I am aware of. I am always optimistic though, like the Chinese proverb says: "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back