Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
XO
Thinking back to when I was a child, my mother told me that my father had something, and I remembered it as rheumatoid arthritis. As an adult, it never made sense to me, because my father into his late 70's would walk miles every day, lift things without a problem, never took more than an aspirin for a headache. It was only this weekend it was like a lightbulb moment when I remembered it was "rheumatic fever," not arthritis.

I've never heard of a case of it growing up till now, so I had to look it up, because my dad never showed signs of illness, so I just assumed it was something like the mumps, measles...if you get it and live through it, it's done and over with.

I haven't done too much reading yet, but I see that there was a study done in the 50's that suggest it is a recessive trait, and somewhere else I read it skips a generation but there is a carrier. So whatever the gene is that gets passed on, perhaps this made me predisposed.

I just thought I would bring it up; I don't have a doctor at the moment to discuss it with. But if you had parents/grandparents that had this, I think this would be worth mentioning, or any other similar illness.

My mom had this when she was younger, but she got it treated. I heard it's caused by a bacteria, but that is all I know. Man, I wish I had continued in med school and done my specialization in internal medicine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back