ribs and chronic pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same rib pain. On both sides around to my back. I have to sit a lot at my job and my posture is not the greatest, so I am going to work on that. Also, my doctor said a heating pad would help a bunch. He said that the fibro and Costco go together. Fun fun! Also, stress is a trigger and try to stress less, however as a teacher right now, that is hard to do.

HI,
I have had this rib pain as well for many months and at times it goes right across my boobs, has anyone else had this? My osteopath has said this is caused by the fibro and osteoarthritis in the neck and he said there seems to be a lot of tension in my diaphragm, I do find after a weekly session with my osteopath it seems better for a while. Also at certain times I seem to have bad headaches and lightheadiness especially when I have IBS and GERD which they say are all connected to Fibro.

Vwade,
Yes! I totally understand about it feeling tight under your boobs. My GP has told me that it is my diaphragm in spasm. I also have GERD and IBS! Fun, fun, right? I have found a homeopathic pharmacist that I have been working with to help me get off Nexium, which causes more harm than good. She has me on a regimen of digestive enzymes, Vitamic C, Zinc, and Magnesium. Also, a probiotic which is very important. I want to get to where I am off all meds and only taking homeopathic vitamins. They have really helped me.

Hey I experience sharp chest pain mainly on 3 points in my left side and back but as of recently I started experiencing them on the right side too, sometimes the lin is very short and kind of jumps from a point to another and others it’s really sharp and located on one point for longer time, like hours or so. I haven’t been diagnosed with fybro but I’m trying to find answers for my symptoms which are random pains all over the body 😊 mainly on the left side and less on the right

yes some days i sit and cry the pain gets too much i use heat pads and cool packs when really bad .. vitamin d higher dose from doctor helps so much as well mines usually under beast to bottom rib weather doesnt make it better or worse ( experts will say worse with damp blah blah but its the same in summer .. i find heat works best for me when really bad and i never wear tight tops with lycra etc as the lycra agrivates my muscles and then causes a flare up not sure if this is common or not

Gentle back/yoga exercises, physio = osteopathy, acupressure, a soft topper on my mattress, arnica complex cream (Traumeel) and heat help me get this and similar pains down.

Last edited:
Wow experiencing exactly the same thing! Do you notice the Gerd and IBS is worse with weather? Also I went to the chiropractor and it does help for a bit. Sorry for a late posting. :(

Hi all looking for some information...had fibromyalgia for few years newly diagnosed tho ...but had this back pain only when I deep in deeply when slouched over or led down or when I twist etc and breath deeply or sneeze the pain is like a sharp pain I've had chest xray to rule out lungs all clear just wondered if anyone else have had the same ..hope everyone is doing as well as they can be xx

Hi all looking for some information...had fibromyalgia for few years newly diagnosed tho ...but had this back pain only when I deep in deeply when slouched over or led down or when I twist etc and breath deeply or sneeze the pain is like a sharp pain I've had chest xray to rule out lungs all clear just wondered if anyone else have had the same ..hope everyone is doing as well as they can be xx
I had a similar pain in my upper back for years. Massage therapy and stretching helped get rid of it.

I had a similar pain in my upper back for years. Massage therapy and stretching helped get rid of it.
Couldn't figure out how to edit my last post so I'll correct it with a new one. The pain hasn't gone away completely. Just reduced the frequency and intensity to more manageable levels.

I am new on the site but am new to the forum because I was searching Google for "Rib pain and Fibro" and this popped up. I was relieved that its something that happens with Fibro because my mind can quickly spiral to the dreaded "C" word since I had a cancer scare when I was first trying to figure out all the pain and swollen lymph nodes I had five years ago. My rib pain is mostly on my right side but I do have it on my left as well. The pain is so bad that I can't lie on my side. Just the slightest pressure causes pain. And my pain can last for weeks....and then its gone (sometimes for weeks) but it does come back. I am assuming it is some kind of flare up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back