Not open for further replies.

missfoxy69

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
1/2001
Country
UK
hi so for the past year ive been getting pains in my ribs both sides ..the pain can be from a 1-10 in seconds .. heat works for a while cold packs work a little anyone else with fibro have this pain

Oh my gosh yes!!!!! I thought I would never know of anyone who has this. In my case, the slightest movement can make my rib muscles or tissues under the skin, don't know which, makes me feel like I have a case of bursitis covering the entire area. It is just awful! Is that how it is with you?

yer the rib pain only started 6 month ago they put me on vitamin d for life as said it was that ..but then back tracked to nope its part of fibro .. heat helps a little .. pain relief doesnt help after an hr or so .. every movement hurts it makes me physically shudder some times for a few seconds ..it started with a feeling in my right side chest wall like i hit a wall stopped me in my tracks literally .. from there i got both sides now .. anyone found anything that works .. cant even wear a bra as way to painful

two years ago I started this pain. Had it all summer then it went away for the most part. Now its been back or about 6 months more or less. I've decided to be a 60's person and go braless most of the time. It's also a good reason for a new wardrobe that doesn't show my bralessness so much. I've been using CBD oil and I think it's helped

i got one of the 1.99 bras off wish ..its literally one small strap round neck and one under breast literally like a bikini and two pieces of material covering my bits lol maybe next one will get a little bigger lol not tried cbd oil

Spent last night thinking back to all the things I've tried to relieve pain. put a memory foam mattress on my side of the bed - it helps. Installed a walk in shower and a shower stool - better than standing since my knees are bad. put in hand grabs so I don't fall - use them as towel racks too. All steps have 2 hand rails - better for balance. Kitchen chairs have wheels - saves standing up so you don't use those muscles. Got a lift chair - again, don't have to use those muscles. use two canes- better than a walker for me. Just got approval for electric wheel chair from Medicare -sure that'll make things easier. Let me know how the bra works out. I need one now and then.

well today was the first day of using this type of bra .will have to say it helped so much with rib pain and not big on top but have put on a few pounds well 2 stone actually in 5 yrs with the change so this helped me today as doesnt go tight round shoulders ..advice to any one else try a bikini top thats cheap light and has really thin straps not pulling your back etc .. ordered similar off ebay today for a fiver so fingers crossed .. ime now in a bungalow age 51 never thought i would be this ill

Attachments

• tmp-cam-1377099010.jpg
    tmp-cam-1377099010.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 30
Sorry to hear about the continued pain. My rib pain went away after weeks of misery. I literally could not bend down and pull on my socks. Ridiculous, but true. Now it is not so bad. I do have problems with the front of my torso though. I am going to ask my doctor about having some physical therapy. I have a hard time believing my problems are just reconditioning, because I am not a couch potato and I am more active than most 70 year olds I know. None the less, it is worth a try, I figure. But my gosh, I am so glad it has stopped. So painful and truly limiting.

Cramps are becoming my symptom recently, which happens off and on. Both inner thighs cramped at the same time the other night. I thought I would not make it to the shower. Hot shower is the only thing that works. Excruciating! I have had cramps in weird places off and on for years, so nothing new there.

I am suffering with pain in ribs driving me mad feels like stinging bruised feeling pain killers not touching it also have Dercum s lumps all over ribs

Same here. Every single day.

I have rib pain as well I feel like mine is contributed to lying on my sides
only because lying on the back of my head will trigger a migraine ugh !🙄

Do you find it hard to breathe deeply? My pain is usually in my knees hips back and arms but woke up this morning with pains through from shoulder blades to my chest and ribs. It’s actually really freaking me out! I’m struggling to do ANYTHING including breathing. Normal or not??!

It's a condition that is separate from fibromyalgia.

Pain in the chest wall and rib cage is the chief symptom of costochondritis. Generally, the pain will get worse with activity or exercise. Taking a deep breath can also cause more pain because it stretches the inflamed cartilage. Sneezing and coughing can increase pain as well.

I find a low dose of Ibufren, along with cold packs work best. It's better than heat because it's the cartilage that is inflamed

I am right there with you ! Hurts like Hell, I know. My left shoulder is worse than my right,but it seems like the pain radiates down my back and wraps right around the ribs and breathing is tough. Feels like a wall I can't break through. I try to deep breathe,it's difficult. Slow,deep breaths. I do use heat,or topical rubs. Hard to get the spots on your own,so I found a long handled applicator on Amazon that helps. I do use CBD. I find I need about 50 mg to get any relief,but you need to start small and find what works. Some forms get into your system quicker. I am also prescribed Tramadol,but I've been dx'd with fibro and on them since 1996,so by now,they alone don't do much. My doc is sending me for xray of the shoulder and cervical spine just to get a new look. He wants to make sure that there is not anything else going on, like arthritis,which I have in the lumbar spine. It's all like throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks! Do you ever feel the need to yawn-trying to get that deep breath and damn,you just can't do it? Drives me nuts;short ride! Hang in there and hope you find something to get relief! Sometimes you need to bombard the pain with a combo of therapies. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back