Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/1989
Country
US
State
FL
I don't know if anyone has enough energy to read novels, but if you do, I need advice. Would you buy and read a romance novel with a hero who is in a wheelchair because of chronic pain. He is amazing despite the chair. It is set in Mount Clemens, MI in 1897 when people came from all over the world to bathe in the mineral baths.

Actually, as a person who has never read a romance novel, I fully admit that hearing about something like that would peak my interest, especially if his disability really does play an important role in his character development and experiences. It's always fun to read about someone loving another person not despite of their trials, but because of them! And having his prospective lover love him tenderly through a pain condition is intriguing, at least to me.

I think it's a very interesting idea, Trish! I think you could own it!

Thanks Whyfor,

I hope I can convince a publisher that if she publishes it, Fibromites will read it.

Thanks Whyfor,

I hope I can convince a publisher that if she publishes it, Fibromites will read it.

Absolutely! And if for whatever reason a publisher won't take it, there is always self publishing. Yes, it's got some considerable downsides, but it could always be an option. Best of luck to you, Trish! I truly, honestly hope you are successful in your endeavor. It sounds like a great idea.

I'm really not all that much of a romance novel reader, but I do think that the twist of having the hero in the story be someone that is in a wheelchair is something that makes it unique and for that reason alone, I would really enjoy the book.

I'm not that much of a romance novel reader, either, but that actually sounds interesting. Usually, I read Anne Tyler novels and things like that, but recently I've been interested in reading more romance novels. I have a friend who says she reads them to get away from the daily stresses of life and I think I would like that! I honestly don't know where to start in the romance genre. So if any of you have any suggestions, that would be great!

I downloaded a romance novel on my Kindle called "Wife by Wednesday." I haven't started it yet but I'm thinking I might this weekend. Also, are there any mystery novels you guys like? Maybe I should just start a book thread, lol.

I would definitely be interested in reading about it, because it sounds like the protagonist has been through many hard times and could offer great insight/advice for my life. As others have said, self-publishing is always an option. Have you tried smashwords?

Self-publishing is definitely the future of publishing I think. I'm seeing more and more self-publishing success stories as time goes by. Amazon has a pretty great self-publishing platform. I've also heard that Smashwords is great! I think that all writing genres need something new and that readers want something they can relate to. You have a story that people will relate to. I say get it out there!

Hi apike, There are all kinds of romances, everything from sweet to super hot. I suggest you decide how much "hot" you want and then look for the book with the most stars or with a description that appeals to you. It's hard to know what you will like until you have read a few books by an author. Can you borrow Kindle books from your library? That way you wouldn't feel like you have to read the whole book if you aren't enjoying it.

Thanks for the encouragement. Oh, if you like funny, you can get it all with Janet Evanovich.

Hi Tigressa, I hope this book will be helpful for people who have had to deal with chronic pain and fatigue and all the other stuff we go through. I have one publisher who is interested and another I am waiting to hear from. If all else fails, I will self-publish.

I hope so too, good luck! Don't mean to hijack your thread but, I've actually been thinking about writing an e-book for a while.. but I usually never complete longer projects so it will likely remain just an idea : )
But like you, I wanted to give people who struggle with a 'handicap' a voice and make others aware about it. Ultimately, I would love to contribute to our communities becoming more inclusive. Not sure if anyone would want to read this but my main idea was to write about someone who experiences turbulent events in her life and as a consequence develops PTSD and starts to dissociate.
It would be interesting to keep the readers guessing about which parts are real and which are only real in her mind. It would be kind of a psycho thriller, with some romance. I think a lot of people do not realize how much people suffering from PTSD or anxiety or any other mental illness are affected in their everyday life, so I would really like to write about this topic.. some day ;) Would anyone be interested in reading about such a story?

Hi Tigressa,

Good for you. It's never easy to finish anything when you suffer from these illnesses. The fact that you are thinking of ideas and want to write a book is a first step. I did manage to finish my Master's Degree in Creative Writing 16 years ago, despite the pain, fatigue, and tears. Now I am finally determined to make my thesis into a real romance novel. It is almost double the words right now which is a minimum for a book. I have a lot of work to do to make it a novel I will be proud of, but I truly believe I can do it now. Remember. You can't finish unless you start. Best of luck. I would like to see a whole new genre of these books.

Thanks Whyfor,

Being that I have done work for publishers before - the story and writing are what will make it appealing to a publisher. If your writing is good and the story is compelling the fact that you have a ready-made audience will only make them happier.

Good luck!

Thank you for the encouragement. I hope it's a good story and that I can make the writing as good as possible soon.

I think that it's a great idea. Hearing a romance novel will help to take you mind somewhere else, to a happy place and to get your thoughts off of the pain. I hope this helps. I think watching movies like this do the same, like the vow, or the notebook or really good television series that draw you in. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back