rTMS protocols (repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thibaut

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2017
Country
Fra
State
Nord
Hello, my name is Thibaut and I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrom associated to bad posture troubles
3 bones stuck in my anckle since I was born created a whole unstable right body side, disturbingthe other body side; the research and lack of balance is permanent, I'm constantly tired and overstressed, and I'm suffering particularly of cranium/facial ackes

I can not exercise regularly since any effort has to be paid with great pain during the next 3 days to a week (walk 30 mins for example, I can only do that twice a week, and in between, my life is a mess where I can't sleep properly because I suffer a lot and I can't enjoy anything, I just can wait , even meditate, or asian energetic massages like rei ki or accupuncture are not enough to counter that-and energetic asian techniques are the best for me)

My question is about rTMS protocols: (repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)

-for depression, psychiatry troubles I've read protocol is : " once a day session during two weeks to start(16 minutes per day during 5 days .. no session the week-end, then again 5 days and 2 days off the next week end to start)
then slow down the sessions to once a week during a couple months, then once a month, etc
-for fibromyalgia, I 'read 5 days protocols to start then decrease to once a week, or even less: once a week to start with,then decrease, so it's way less than the depression/psychiatry protocol

My question is: "what protocol do you know or have been experiencing for rTMS as a fibromyalgia treatment?"
It's 17 years my life is "stuck" and I 've been "offered" the 2x 5 days start protocol to help me with fibromyalgia and it makes me nervous because I 've read it's mostly used for psychiatric or very depressive troubles, which I have not, my troubles are 100% physical.(of course it affects my spirit, but that's just normal, barely non stop suffering over time has mental side effects.)

I'm very very sensitive and pretty anxious, I know there are very few side effects to the rTMS therapy, but I don't want to do more than what's supposed to be done; "best is the ennemy of good" we use to say in my country France, and I believe so.

Could you please share your knowledge/experience with me ?
Thank you.
For those who are still suffering, keep fighting and try to enjoy your life as much as possible.
Best regards.
Thibaut

p.s. sorry, my english is not great, and thank you for your time spent in reading me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back