Not open for further replies.

JennyRhae

Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
WV
My name is Jenny. I have had chronic pain disorders for over the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 1999 and it has been a struggle with multiple surgeries and synthetic menopause, etc. I have also battled chronic migraines since I was 16. You don't want to hear all my little nooks and crannies as I am sure you all understand the nuances of how this disease can rear it's ugly little head. Well, my sister-in-law passed away almost 3 years ago and suddenly Aunt Jenny turned into more when I started helping my brother raise his kids (I have none of my own because I never wanted them). In those 3 years, I started developing arthritis like pain--which runs in my family--but negative on all tests. And I as so tired all the time. I felt 80 instead of 30. So, I finally found a doctor where I moved (finding a good doctor is hard isn't it) and he has tentatively diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I am taking Lyrica and it helps some, but I really just want to give up some days. But, I am glad to find a place where I can talk to other sufferers and get some...what, feedback? Support? I don't know. I am just glad that I found you all.

JennyRhae,
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found this forum so that you have some support to help you deal with the hardships and pain of fibro. Please continue posting and join in asking questions or answering other members sharing your thoughts and opinions. There are a many topics to choose from and feel free to post around the forum.

Check out the pain management section, as well as, the alternative methods which may be of some help to you. We have fun off-topic sections where you can share about your day or tell us about any hobbies you enjoy. Also don't forget you have a place here to moan and groan and vent, when nothing is going right. lol

Try to think positive and ward off depression as much as possible which will help keep your energy levels up and ease your pain. Try to avoid stress and relax and pamper yourself more which helps relax your muscles. We are all here to help if you need us. :)

Thank you. After the day I have had that's the nicest thing anybody has said to me. Glad to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back