Not open for further replies.

momwhite

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IA
I have tried taking Lyrica, Cymbalta and Neurontin. I did not have luck due to side effects with all of these. I started on the Savella starter pack and got to the 50 mg. twice a day which I did for 4 days and was basically non-functional so I had to back off. I am currently taking 25 mg. once a day. I don't know if it helps that much or not but at least my arms and legs don't burn wherever they are resting-that was crazy! Anyway, in the short amount of time I have been dealing with this I have found that nothing really works for pain for me except a heating pad or hot bath with epsom salt. I deal with some discomfort every day and when I do too much I have a bad day where I hurt so bad I cry. Best thing for me is crawl in bed with my heating pad. I worry about winter coming. I live in Iowa where it is nice and cold. Think I will need to get out my electric blanket. Anyone else have any other ideas or opinions about Savella?

I haven't tried Savella personally, but I was checking all the possible side effects. I must say it seems most meds come with a LOT side effects :( That's why I stopped taking my pain meds, too many sides effects... some sides effects are way too much to handle and seem to make things worse. The only advice I can give you is to always run your own investigations, most doctors will tell you x med will cause you no side effects, but it's your responsability to investigate said medication on the internet.

I was taking Savella 50mg for about 60-90 day period . It nearly stopped my kidney function . Also , experienced this problem with Cymbalta . Neurontin/Gabapentin caused lesions on my legs . The most relief I have found is hot showers , baths . Hot packs and massage if you can get it ( good luck ) You may try wrapping your calves and forearms with an Ace Bandage . The compression does help me some . Also try and move around . I find it is to easy to stay in one position or another for to long a period and that contributes to the discomfort . It is a struggle . You must fight it every step of the way . Do not give up . Never Surrender ! This to will pass . There is a season for everything . I say this as much for myself as anyone . I have lost nearly all but my very life because of this affliction . We the afflicted must try and support one another since we do not have large gaping wounds for others to say oh that's terrible opposed to you don't look like anythings wrong . It is hard but try and maintain a positive outlook as owning the problem just gives it leeway to rule what life you have .

I am currently on Savella -- i'm on the third week, i believe. I have been having some weird side effects like bad headaches, cold extremities (could be Reynaud's, not sure), sinus/facial pain, hot flashes and dizziness. Has anyone had any experience with these symptoms going away at any point in time in the future? If not, I'm going to get off this stuff now. I've tried Cymbalta (which was ok, but didnt have a strong anti-anxiety component, and the pain was still pretty bad) and Effexor (which I had a 7 week headache with that would not go away). So now Savella is in play. The pain is not bad anymore, which has been nice, but the side effects might be enough to make me want to quit. I may just go off these pain meds completely and go back to an anti-anxiety medication for that piece of it and see how bad the paid gets. Anyone have any experience with these side-effects?

I was taking Savella for about a month and had to stop due to the side effects. It really increased my blood pressure and heart rate. I normally have great bp but it went crazy while I was on Savella. My family thought I was very moody too, even though I didn't. I am now on gabapentin, clonazapam, tramadol & prozac.

Thanks for the input! I have had alot of the same problems mentioned with headaches and such and also saw an increase in my B/P! That was when I backed down on the dosage. I am headed to the Fibromyalgia and Pain Clinic at Mayo Clinic next week and am so looking forward to any info I can get! I guess what I have learned for myself is that every case is individual as far as what will help. I have some relief with a heating pad or epsom salt bath. I am looking at some pool exercises or hot tub/sauna type program-hopefully that will help! My frustration lately is family members and friends just not getting it-don't give in-don't surrender-are you kidding me? That is not what I am doing-I am looking for any info I can to manage this condition because I am not going down without one hell of a fight! I have had some crash days after doing to much previously and needing to stay in bed with my heating pad. I guess that means I am giving in-they don't get the "I had done to much previously part." I am hopeful that I can continue with the support provided here! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back