Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Hi guys! As many of you might or might not know I'm a Texan, I'm currently residing in El paso, Texas. If you have been watching or reading the new online... you might be well aware that Ebola has already made it here. Yup, an liberian man in Dallas was the first diagnosed case of Ebola in the US.

My mom is freaking out... Dallas is so close to us! I can't lie, I feel very stressed... can tell because my neck and back hurts! When I'm stressed my pain is worse. The more details emerge on this case the more I see this is a total mess!

They haven't been handling this well... The guy threw up on his way to the hospital after being sent home TWO days earlier with clear symptoms of Ebola... He told them he was coming from Liberia! Still sent him home! He had contact with a lot people during those days... Plus, a friend of mine who works in that area said the ambulance they used to transport him wasn't properly sanitized until two days later! JESUS! Talking about incompetence!

My mom was so laid back about this before, but now is freaking out. I'm apparently calm, but I can tell I'm stress because my pain is back! This is some serious stuff... I hope they can contain it!

Hello Trellum, It must be very scary hearing all that right now! I'm sorry that you are so stressed! and your Mom too! Yes, it is unnerving news. I will say a prayer for you and yours. There is always going to be something scary going on. But, you believe in GOD. Trust HIM. Ask HIM to protect you,then let HIM handle it. What can you possibly do about it,except continue to be afraid and make your pain get worse and worse? Some things in life are out of our control! Imagine how much pain we would be in,and how Stressed out we would be all the time if we had to be in charge of everything! Man! Try taking a deep breath, the sick man is not coming to your house! Both of you need to take a deep breath and S-L-O-W-L-Y let it out. Do what you can to stay safe. Avoid any place that you feel uncomfortable. The sun will still shine tomorrow. You might feel better if you say a little prayer for the man. Hope you feel better soon! Soft Hugs

Also remember that the risk of catching Ebola is very low unless you've been in extremely close proximity to an Ebola patient.

You need to come in contact with bodily fluids. Wash your hands a lot.

As you should be doing already, wash your hands after using the restroom, cover your mouth when you cough and tell other to cover there mouth as well.

Good hygiene is always important when you have an illness. Sing a couple rounds of Happy Birthday while washing your hands with plain soap and water is better than slathering on those antibacterial washes.

Hi guys, I'm calmer now, because well, if it gets to us it will no matter what, whether I worry or not, so for now I have decided not to panic. It's futile anyway! But yeah, I'll wash my hands more often when I'm outside, I'll try not to touch my mouth,eyes or nose until I can finally was my hands. I'll also use an antibacterial gel. I should carry antibacterial wipes as well, specially next time I fly... gosh, it's going to be such an experience!

As you should be doing already, wash your hands after using the restroom, cover your mouth when you cough and tell other to cover there mouth as well.

Ugh, just yesterday someone's saliva droplets landed on my left cheek, ugh >_< ! I already wash my hands so often, but I fear this might be enough. Been ready a lot and it really seems the CDC is downplaying everything. The doctors in Africa got infected... even tho they wore protective gear. Which leads me to think there is more to this...

You need to come in contact with bodily fluids. Wash your hands a lot.

Yeah, Mike I'll do more often. I did it often already, but now I'll do it much more. I can't believe we are talking about this seriously and not as a bad joke, never thought Ebola would touch American soil, not like this... By the way, they say that contact with contaminated surfaces can also infect you, let's say sweat left in a passenger seat... next time I fly I'll bring clorox wipes with me....

Also remember that the risk of catching Ebola is very low unless you've been in extremely close proximity to an Ebola patient.

There are many things we don't know about this virus. I'll avoid hospitals for a while, unless it's really needed for me to go there :? This thing is spreading like fire!

There are many things we don't know about this virus. I'll avoid hospitals for a while, unless it's really needed for me to go there :? This thing is spreading like fire!

We know quite a lot about this virus, including how it spreads. Anxiety is understandable, but a little education helps ease it in this case. There's no need to avoid hospitals unless you're going to a hospital in West Africa.

So true, we don't know much about the virus, but people keep dying from it, I really don't know when this will be controlled.

It's a very scary disease and I think that most people at least think about what could happen if it spreads in the United States. I feel so bad for the people in Africa, I wish that there was a full proof cure or treatment that would eradicate this deadly illness. but Ebola is contracted from the natives eating bushmeat which is wild animals of any kind, and that is one way that I know that Ebola can be started and become the epidemic worldwide that it is becoming.

I think that they need to contain the virus in one area until they can get the spread of it to decrease or stop to a large extent. There is no medicine that is ready to be used on the public yet even though scientists are working around the clock to find one. I admit that I am scared of it spreading here, but what can you do? I am going to live my life in spite of wars, diseases, terrorists, and any other negative thing that could happen. You only have one life, but if you live it right once will be enough. Fear is what's stopping many people from living life to the fullest and you need to not give in to the fear entirely, be aware and cautious, but don't stop living.

I'm concerned about Ebola, but I don't think we're in much danger of seeing a big time outbreak here in the United States. Our medical system is too good, and we're taking most of the necessary precautions to minimize the potential of the disease spreading. Contrary to popular belief, it's actually pretty difficult to contract Ebola. I think there's a lot of unnecessary and unhelpful misinformation being passed around in the media.

The nurse who caught it in Dallas may have contracted it while she was improperly removing her protective gear. There are procedures and best practices in place that should prevent infection, hospital management needs to ensure that those procedures are trained, practiced, and followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back