Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
CA
My pain started a year and a half ago in my hands, then my feet. 5 months later I went to the ER with chest pains and was diagnosed with chostocondritis. 3 months after that the horrible migraines started, then the neck pain, then the throat, more chest pain, breast pain, and stomach issues the whole time. I don't remember a single day since last December (or before) that I haven't been in pain.

All of the above seems pretty on par for what everyone else has been saying. I'm new here, so pardon me if I missed it, but do any of you have the following symptoms:
-Eye twitching (I haven't seen it twitching, but it sure feels that way)
-Shooting pain in the throat (this one started at the base of my neck, then shot up to the top of my throat... not really neck pain as it felt more internal)

Every time a new symptom comes up I get really scared that it's not fibro but the doctors will miss it because they just assume everything is fibro after my diagnosis. I did meet with a great internist today though who suggested meditation and an elimination diet to find my food allergies, which will hopefully help. (I know I definitely have some, just can't figure out exactly what other than diary.)

Also, I'm trying to get pregnant soon and the thought of being pregnant (or raising a kid) with fibromyalgia is terrifying! I saw on another forum somewhere that some pregnant women say their symptoms go away when they're pregnant (then unfortunately come back afterwards). Does anyone have experience with this? Or how to manage having a baby and dealing with fibro?

Hi Mash0825 nice to meet you. Fibro does have such a wide variety of symptoms...i recently developed neck throat pain sore throats most of the time after 7 years with it pretty much everywhere but not there.

I am a bit tooooo old about the pregnancy bit as my son is 30! Luckily i didnt have fibro then but I know people on here have young children and i expect will reply with their experiences. Good Luop

I have had eye twitching, and also have dry eyes. I have also had shooting neck pain, but it usually runs like from my shoulder blade or clavicle up my neck - like you would have when you have a crick in your neck.

I have a 4 y.o. daughter and my symptoms definitely were relieved while I was pregnant but around the time she was 2 all the pain seemed worse than ever, I now have sever neuropathy in my arms and legs and all sorts of other fun. It's tough because I feel like I'm cheating her somehow when I can't give her piggyback rides or get down on the floor to play some days - but its definitely worth it all. I've started explaining to her how mommy interprets pain different and that I have to rest more - she is actually very sweet and before asking to go play somewhere will ask how I feel that day.

I'm always worried about things being pawned off on fibro - but I just trust my gut and make sure I have a team of providers that will take care of me. It's also like the diagnosis don't stop coming - and they all can tie back to fibro - chronic fatigue syndrome, TMJ, PCOS, osteopenia, and on and on and on

I went through 2 pregnancies with fibro although I did not know what it was
I assumed it was a family curse... Seems like everyone has back pain
In my family. Ummm I cant recall pain being worse or less I am pretty
Sure it stayed the same with my first my second always wanted to be
In my back so he cause a great deal of sleepless emotional nights every
Person and every pregnancy is different wish all the best. Maybe try a fibro
Educated yoga or private water classes during the pregnancy if it worsens

My niece had several autoimmune diseases but during her pregnancy ALL of her symptoms miraculously disappeared. It is a miracle/ a blessing. However, during delivery, the Raynauds returned. After her second child, the fibro and Sclerederma returned.
If you look at the bright side, you may just be lucky enough to be pain free for almost an entire year! Not a good form of birth control tho.. lol

Thanks everyone for your input! Now the problem is feeling well enough to get pregnant! This pesky stomach pain will not go away and I think the prenatal vitamins are making it worse. :(

LOL mash! But seriously, it might be time to call your doctor.

Thanks Cheryl Ann! I did... Stomach pain is slightly better now. I had an ultrasound today at the obgyn's office (to make sure everything is ok, I'm not pregnant yet) and it came back clear. I bet it was all the iron from the prenatals. Now I'm taking a gummy version which doesn't have iron and I think it's helping.

Hey Mash, Great news about the Gummy vitamins!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back