Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok. Here is my story. I came here last year scared and concerned about widespread twitching. I went to the neuro in July 2010 and I had 3 visits with him from July to September. He only did an EMG of my arms at this time. I have always had pulse twitching. Meaning heart beat twitching. It pretty much went away and I moved on with my life. Recently in the last month I have had a rippling twitch in my left foot. It will start right below my big toe and continue down that muscle to the bottom of the foot then go to the top of my foot. This rippling happens 4-5 times a day and will last for 15 mins. It a very rhythmic predictable pattern. I also have cramping. This is a symptom I have never had before. I went back to the Neuro and he told me it is just Fibromylgia. I don't have pain so why is this guy diagnosing me with the this disorder without the key symptom. Kind of like someone diagnosing you with ALS if you don't have weakness. He did an EMG last week of my left foot and said it was good. I really don't know if I should trust his opinion. He does some quackish things and disputes some of what I have constantly read. I do belong to the BFS forum but did not want to scare them with what he told me. I said, "well last year I had body wide twitching and now its only in my left foot. I said ALS doesn't start out with body wide twitching and then go to one spot. He said Oh yea it can. He said ALS starts out so many different ways for different people. SOme notice this others start out like that. I was blown away. He said watch for rippling. Well Ok. I have the rippling twitch of this foot. Then he takes a needle to the bottom of my foot and says hear that I said yes it sounds like bubble wrap. He said thats the sound of Fibro. That is scar tissue. I thought if scar tissue was the result of fibro then more doctors would have a better understanding of this disorder. It wouldn't be a wastebasket diagnosis and there is very little about scar tissue and fibro on the net. Besides that everyone has scar tissue on their feet. don't know if I should disregard everything he says. Help me. Does this sound like it could ALS?

I really don't know if I should trust his opinion. He does some quackish things and disputes some of what I have constantly read... Does this sound like it could ALS?

Although I'm not a doctor, I am able to diagnose your condition based on the info you provided as seen above. The good news, you do not have ALS. The bad news, you have a severe case of Googglitis, a very serious and harmful disease. Symptoms include disregarding the medical advice of highly trained professionals, stress from misplaced fear and worry, and annoying internet posts that sound like you really wish you had a terrible terminal disease with no effective treatment or cure. Recommendation: turn off your computer, get out of the house and enjoy your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back