Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AR
I have been going through something weird lately. I don't know why, but I am scared to death of everything. I am afraid to walk outside. Sometimes I am scared to death when in a car. I worry about every little thing that can go wrong. I feel like it is the beginning of something big. It seems to be getting worse and worse and I am not really sure how to explain it. I feel like with in the next year, it can be 10x worse than it is right now. I am going to seek out a doctor. I am on state insurance and my normal doctor doesn't take state insurance. I am scared to death of being scared to death!

Hi,
Very sorry to hear what u r going thru, went thru very same thing from the death of several family members in a short period of time. Sometimes a trauma can set off these feelings u r speaking of. Or even a reaction to meds. Have u discussed this with UR doc. Anxiety can really make us worry about all kinds of things. Meds can help calm anxiety. Talk therapy helps too! Sometimes it's a brain chemistry imbalance. It's best to talk with UR doc to find relief soon.

Take care.

Sounds like anxiety/pain disorder, which can be really debilitating. There are meds for anxiety, but cognitive behavioral therapy should help in the long term; it did for me. Do you have a community mental health clinic in your area? If so, they should accept state insurance. You might contact NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Arizona for resources. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Hi...I know you are in emotional misery right now...there are some very helpful websites with some great reads to help with anxiety.....just google "help with anxiety" and the websites will come up...one of my favorites is "Tiny Buddha ".....lots of helpful articles. Get to a doctor and reach out to a trusted friend or family member. If you live alone, is there someone you can stay with or have stay with you for a while....just helps take the edge off....good luck...you will get better..Believe!

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I know it is hard to think of this but find something you can do outside of yourself like dancing or helping someone else with a problem they have something small just to give you something different to do. Find some stress releasing music to listen to when you feel the problem coming on Binaural Beats can help you get through this. Get a good doctor and talk to someone at your church.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I am not sure if we have a clinic like that around. I talked to my mom about it and she said she gets the same way at times. I think I need to find a pain management doctor because I am in pain all the time. I can't keep a job, so for now I work from home doing various tasks. I have my daughter who keeps me busy at times and my fiance, who I haven't even mentioned any of this to yet. I am just trying to take it one day at a time. :)

Glad to hear back from you, Stardisgate. Take care.

Thank you. My mom is actually doing that juicing thing. We are trying some fibro friendly drinks. :)

Hi stardisgate, sorry to hear you are going through this:( I don't have much to offer in terms of ideas to help the fear and anxiety but I can tell you that you are not alone! I feel the exact same way and I just feel it gets worse every year. I worry about so many things, the what if's and stuff that I feel others probably don't worry about as we shouldn't. I see so many friends and family members that are seem so care free and I long to be like that! It is a very scary feeling and even worse when you feel there is no one to talk to or no one understands. Speaking with a professional sounds like a good start and a great idea and I have been thinking of doing this myself. I will say though to please be careful with anti anxiety drugs as I know someone close to me who took them and had a horrible experience and had an extremely hard time getting off of them:/ I am not saying they are all bad or that they don't work, as I am sure these medications do help many! Just saying to be careful and do your research;) Good luck to you and I hope we both can find a way to cope with our anxiety and fears.

I've gone through and still do go through the same thing. Sometimes I feel like I have panic attack if I even leave the house and I'll end up stuck in here for the rest of my life. I'm terrified in the car. My panicking started there years ago. I got severe anxiety in the car, grocery store, etc. I seen a Dr. for it after all the meds my GP gave just made me feel weird and I don't like taking that stuff. I tried 2 different ones and threw them out. I can't honestly say the therapy helped. Pushing through it helped more. After going into the store 20 more times, it finally fades, once your body realizes you aren't in danger. It helps if you can make a connection to it. I think I get anxiety around all the things I love because people who loved me, hurt me. Everything I love to do gives me anxiety to the point of blurry vision, nausea, etc. It's horrible. Storms, walking in the woods, shopping, you name it. If I like to do it, forget about it. It's been hard pushing through it all, but sometimes it is way worse than other times. I notice it gets worse if I get accidentally glutened. I have Celiac Disease and gluten sets me off with terrible anxiety. Not so much worrying about anything but just I can't see, I feel weird, I get pain in my limbs, etc. Really sucks. I know what you are going through and it is something awful. I wish I had something to help. Sometimes controlling my breathing helps. In 4 and out to the count of 8 or 11 or as long as I can. Eat good and take your vitamins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back