Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AR
Hello everyone. I am scared that I might have fibromylagia. My mom has this and she says she has it mildly. She doesn't sleep well and seems crabby and irritable a lot. I do not want to be that way. I know when I don't sleep well I says things I regret all the time.

I have been having pain in my hands lately for weeks now. Not sure if this is a sign of this disease to start with me. I have been so stressed lately and I had heard that there can be a connection between this disease and your mental health. I am still so young, 30 years old. Look for signs of comfort please.:-(

Stay calm and don't panic, while having fibro is not fun by any standard it is not the end of the world. Go to your dr and talk to him/her and see what they have to say. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

It can't do you any harm to know, all that can come of it is good. They say you can ignore reality, but not the consequences of reality. You're already suffering so being sure as to why will at least help clarify the situation somewhat.

I agree with naacarmike, there are far worse diseases out there. Btw, I don't think you should worry over pain in your hands, I'm sure it's nothing, but if you keep experiencing this you should really see a rheumatologist. But don't panic, I'm sure this isn't it.

Thank you everyone for your input. I will be making a doctor's appointment by the end of month to get checked out. I am also wondering if I am swelling up because I am not drink enough, but not sure. I am sure knowing will ease my conscience and hopefully it will be something more simple. Thanks again for all the comments I got.

van, keep a food diary, many foods and drugs makes Fibro sufferers worse. Wheat, MSG,Aspartame, dairy, doctors will put you through a series of test, eliminate other possibilities, if nothing is found they label you with Fibro. If you keep a food log you can expedite your diagnosis. We all have different symptoms and triggers, you need to find yours, on your own. Google elimination diet, write your symptoms and what foods you ate, symptoms can hit you 48 hrs later. There is web page out there called 7 foods to avoid if you have fibro, read it, also, fibro, chronic fatigue syndrome and multiple chemical sensitivity are connected somehow, some of us fibromyalgians do not handle chemicals very well... including prescription drugs...

Thank you everyone for your input. I will be making a doctor's appointment by the end of month to get checked out. I am also wondering if I am swelling up because I am not drink enough, but not sure. I am sure knowing will ease my conscience and hopefully it will be something more simple. Thanks again for all the comments I got.

You are welcome :) By the way... by swelling you mean your hands or feet? Sometimes when the kidney or liver are having some issues they send some signals, one of those signals is something similar to that swilling. Just ask your doc to test your liver and kidney functions... maybe your pancreas too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back