Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2022
Country
US
State
PA
Does anyone else have Fibromyalgia that flares in the spring and the fall? Or what weather affects Fibro?

Hi @MRH, I tend to be worse in the Autumn/Winter when it's cold and damp - stiffness and pain increases. It can also affect my breathing and my mood. I'm not too good in the Summer either, if it's too hot I can get irritable and my skin flares/again breathing can be affected. Overall, Spring is the season for me - gentle sun, not too hot or cold (if we get a good Spring!). Seeing the new buds form on the trees and flowers also helps my mood - new life emerging. The rest of the year I try my hardest not to be a grumpy old so and so!!! 🤣 🤣

Hi MRH, and welcome to our seasonally flared lot :) 👋
In my case it's weather change (esp. temperature drop) and even more: wind that are worst.
Quite a few threads on this if you care to "search" the forums...
We were for instance discussing barometer drop a while back.

This spring with all its huge fluctuations in temperature has put me in my worst fibro flare ever!! It can be in the 40s one day and the 70s the next. I hurt all over but my si joint has been the worst painful!

YES!!! Spring and fall!!!! I thought I was going crazy. I noticed summer I was fine, steady cold in the winter fine, days of rain cause another flare.

For me is all year. I live in Florida and there are days that I’m so cold inside the office that I seat in my car with the heater on until I feel my skin burning. I drink hot tea and coffee all day to regulate my body’s temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back