dobemom

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
Hi all!

First I apologize if I come across brusque or incompetent, I have lost a lot of my verbal language and some of my written so sometimes I come across differently than I intend to.

I am 31 years old and have had these symptoms for about two years. I've been to the doctor and had lots of bloodwork, neuropsych testing, etc. with no answers yet. Still seeking an official diagnosis.

Mainly horrible brain fog to the point that I've been diagnosed with aphasia, I have lost a lot of my spoken language. Can still communicate if I have my husband around to fill in the words I drop or miss. The thing is I am so young and aphasia has to have a cause, we just don't know yet. No stroke, TBI, or tumor.

Terrible fatigue, attributed to that fact I have five kids. I mean who wouldn't be fatigued! LOL. But seeing others with large families has me thinking that this isn't normal. I can barely move.

Pain is weird - not all-over, but sharp stabbing pains in joints, like when you've got the flu. Mostly in the back of my pelvis and my shoulders. This is almost constant.

My hands and feet always feel swollen for no reason, and I get lots of tingly feelings in my limbs like they're asleep.

I lose my balance constantly and cannot bend over past my waist without falling.

I have a service dog in training due to all of this, as suggested by my doctors. My dog has been an enormous help even though she isn't fully trained yet. We can't go in public without permission since she isn't fully trained but most of the places I go have been very accommodating. My dog seeks help if I am disoriented, picks up things I drop or can't get to, and braces me if I start to lose my balance. She is my godsend!

Its so hard to deal with all this because I used to be very active and now I'm so limited. This came on gradually but has been so much worse in the last 6 months or so. I'm hoping I can get answers soon, even if there is no treatment, not knowing what is happening is so hard and depressing at times.

I sought out this community because I wanted to find people who understand. I feel very certain that I must be dealing with something like fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue but so far we just have no real answers.

Nice to "meet" you all!

Hi Dobemom! I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been able to get a formal diagnosis yet. Some of your symptoms sound a lot like fibro, specially the brain fog,pain and the tingling. Something you mentioned caught my attention... your swollen feet and hands! Have you ever seen an endocrinologist and get your thyroid checked? If you haven't I really think you should do it as soon as you can, I'm not saying you might have thyroid issues, but swollen feet and specially hands are not very normal. Do you have any other symptoms? If you do, please write them.

Hello Dobemon, Welcome to the forum. I would wonder if it might be MS, or some type of muscle diease, as well as, maybe fibro. Have you seen a neurologist? When dealing with neuropathy the tingling and numbness, general that type of doctor is the best to start with. Also any chance of diabetes?

Whatever is causing your symptoms I wish you the best of luck in getting your diagnosis. Also know you are very welcome here and I am sure that you might find lots of new coping skills if you read the posts under pain management and alternative methods. Please feel free to ask more questions and jump in and post anywhere on the forum.

I look forward to seeing your name and posts around the forum. :)

Unfortunately for a complex clinic picture like this it is hard to say what is really bothering you. The first thing that came to mind was a stroke but since it is ruled out its hard to say over an internet forum.

Did you do a CT scan ?

One would think, blood work would have ruled out a thyroid problem. If I'm experiencing a new symptom the first thing my doctor checks is my thyroid.

Having said that, I hope you find an answer to your issues. Nothing is worse than having no energy, nothing. It's not something people understand. My doctor would tell me I'm tired because I would sleep to much. I couldn't get her to understand, it didn't matter how little or much I slept. It was always the same. Good luck with your struggle. We are here for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back