Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MN
So, for the last 3 months I've been experiencing some sensation loss from head to toe on the right side of my body. I have some pain, but mostly just the sensation loss. Can still feel hot and cold. MRI was normal, nerve tests were normal. My mother and my aunt both have Fibro, but I'm unable to speak to them about it, so I just wanted to see if anyone else on here experiences anything like this?

Also fatigue and general random aches and pains.

I have the random aches and pains daily and have occasional numbness. Seems like I learn and experience more things almost daily.

Hi there! I was taken to the hospital exactly because my right side was numb and in pain-my gums were swollen like I 'd been stung by bees. Doctors run all tests and MRI as well as blood tests came out normal. They had told me that it was extreme stress and gave me cortizone. Almost one year later, I was diagnosed with fibro and of course I still experience sensation loss especially in the right side of my face. Rhematologist told me it 's absolutely common in fibro as long as you ve excluded other conditions such as MS which have the same symptoms. As for the pain and aches, I can't remember how pain-free life is anymore...I just try to deal with chronic pain and fatigue in various ways! Stay positive!

If you don't min me asking, how did they exclude MS for you? My brain MRI was normal, and I also had an EMG that was normal. Did they do other tests for that?

Hi Awestlund77!
I had several MRI's throughout the years we were trying to understand what's wrong. I also had a biopsy about another condition regarding fine fibres called small fibres neuropathy which showed light damage-in a scale from 1-10 the damage is 5- in my myelin(what the nerves are surrounded with) which it can't be caused by neurological disease such as ALS or MS cause all the other tests didn't match the rest of the symptoms of MS or other similar conditions. I also have had 3 EMG s so far which are normal as well. I also had a blood test about another genetically inherited disease which has similar pain and sensations which came out negative(I can't remember its name). So, both the neurologist and the rheumatologist concluded in FM diagnosis which, to tell you the truth, includes all my symptoms-even bladder problems which started so suddenly a year ago and all urine tests and visits to urologists came out clear,too. As for the damage in the myelin doctors think that it isn't caused by FM of course but from my low levels of dopamine and other substances responsible for the creation of the myelin. They want to repeat emg tests and if I m not mistaken I have to do it this September. Most tests I had were because the doctor wanted to be absolutely sure considering other neurological conditions.
That's all! I hope I helped you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back