Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Does anyone experience more in the way of tightness vs pain? I get tightness in my hands, feet, head, neck, ears. Also does anyone else feel like their bodies are in hyper mode and that you are more hypersensitive to sound, sight, touch?

Sabrina

Yes, I relate to that. When not in mid flare, I have tightness. I also feel hyper sensitive to everything: noise, smells, touch. It's like being always alert. Even my blood feels noisy/fizzy!

It is the wildest thing I have ever experienced in my life! Do you take medication to help, supplements, other? I did gabapentin but it did nothing but make my head feel fuzzier. The dr has now prescribed generic Cymbalta which I will give a try - gonna give my body a break from the gabapentin first. Plus right now I am taking an antibiotic for an infection of the lymph nodes, or at least thats what they think it is.

My doc put me on antidepressants, he wasn't interested in my pain. Which made me furious. Stayed on anti-ds for 2 months but they made me worse (slow, sluggish) so I stopped taking them. I take paracetamol for pain (tylenol). Tried CBD oil but not sure it helped. I try to manage stress but having fibro stresses me so I don't know what to do. Am very down about it all at the mo.

I completely understand. Its so depressing to feel so miserable and nothing seems to help quickly. Everything is all trial and error. I try to keep myself in a positive and proactive mode as much as possible. I feel like I refuse to let this "thing" beat me down. I try to focus on anything positive. I am glad to have outlets like this to connect with others who know exactly what we are going through and deal with on a regular basis.

Sabrina

Yes, am trying to be hopeful but am in a bad flare (nearly 3 wks) and feeling hopeless. Am going to look for a CBT therapist nearby. Take care, good to share, thanks. Nuala x

I am way more sensitive to sounds now. I've always had an excellent sense of smell but certain ones really bug me now. Touch. I can't touch anything without pain. Even getting hair out of my face kills my fingertips. Feels like razor cuts but not fresh cuts closed and the feeling of the pain. The more sensitive my fingertips the hotter the tops of my hands get. They feel like they'll spontaneously combust.

This is an "interesting" illness for sure. One I am definitely NOT a fan of!

I, too, can be hypersensitive to sounds. According to my rheumatologist, (I don't have RA) hypersensitivity to touch is one of the main diagnosis of Fibro.

It’s as if you were kicked into a “ fight or flight” response mode. Like you were a zebra surrounded by lions, and every sense has been kicked into high gear. That’s great to get you out of immediate danger, but when your body sustains that and subjects you to that level of sensitivity hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month... It’s just plain wrong. No wonder this disease makes us tired.

It’s as if you were kicked into a “ fight or flight” response mode. Like you were a zebra surrounded by lions, and every sense has been kicked into high gear. That’s great to get you out of immediate danger, but when your body sustains that and subjects you to that level of sensitivity hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month... It’s just plain wrong. No wonder this disease makes us tired.
I couldn't agree more!!

I just said this to my husband yesterday - it's like permanent fight or flight. I feel always on the edge of disaster, even if not flaring. It's a hard way to live.

Does anyone experience more in the way of tightness vs pain? I get tightness in my hands, feet, head, neck, ears. Also does anyone else feel like their bodies are in hyper mode and that you are more hypersensitive to sound, sight, touch?

Sabrina
Yes , my neck back muscles tighten up so bad that I get migraines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back