Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Do you guys ever feel pain in some odd areas? specially in some areas like the thighs, but it feels more like a skin sensibility?

I get that quite often, sometimes this happens on the thighs or the legs! It feels odd, it's nothing like a muscular pain, it's more like a skin sensitivity that is too extreme! It's so extreme that I can't even touch that area. Do you think I should be worried? what could this mean?

Skin/nerve sensitivity is another symptom of Fibro. I have it and I know lots of others have posted on here about the same thing.

I do notice that I have different pain at some times and in some areas. It is as if my skin is sore more than my muscles. This only happens in certain areas and at certain times. My skin will feel as if the air is too much/too sensitive on my skin. Or it will feel a bit as if it is itchy and sensitive.

Skin/nerve sensitivity is another symptom of Fibro. I have it and I know lots of others have posted on here about the same thing.

Oh really? I didn't think this was connected to fibro, but that was until some days ago that I read a post over here talking about that :( Man... fibro is full of surprises.

I do notice that I have different pain at some times and in some areas. It is as if my skin is sore more than my muscles. This only happens in certain areas and at certain times. My skin will feel as if the air is too much/too sensitive on my skin. Or it will feel a bit as if it is itchy and sensitive.

Mine usually hurts so badly, but on some small areas... mostly the legs and thighs. It's a really odd pain, isn't it? So sensitive to the touch it's crazy... been having it since I was a teen, there were times I felt said zones kinda warm... and the next day the sensitivity was there. I never thought this could be connected to fibro, until now...

I agree that my thighs are super sensitive. My elbow areas are also surprisingly sensitive as are my calves. I don't know why these are such hot spots. I try to put the heating pad on them when they are really acting up and that works fairly well. Sometimes I'll stretch my thighs and legs to get the blood moving but it is hard to reduce sensitivity.

Awhile back, I hit my knee on a cement stair because my favorite breakfast joint didn't shovel their steps. Awhile after, I had this awful pain in this really sensitive area on my thigh. It was horrible. They told me it was Sciatica, and I couldn't really get any answers as to why it was so bad. It would wake me up in the middle of the night. :( Luckily, the pain is gone, but I still get some pressure in that area at night, and it's still really sensitive.

Awhile back, I hit my knee on a cement stair because my favorite breakfast joint didn't shovel their steps. Awhile after, I had this awful pain in this really sensitive area on my thigh. It was horrible. They told me it was Sciatica, and I couldn't really get any answers as to why it was so bad. It would wake me up in the middle of the night. :( Luckily, the pain is gone, but I still get some pressure in that area at night, and it's still really sensitive.

I actually slipped on the stairs going up my building's steps this past winter and landed on my knee. That damn knee was fine until the temperatures just cooled down and it is acting up. I try to stretch it / flex it but it is really tight and achy. I wonder why it took 8 months to act up? I fell on cement stairs just like you.

I have heard sciatica is terribly painful but on the front? Or did I misread? My understanding is that your sciatic nerve runs down the back of your butt and leg. Sounds like you are suffering; wish I could help but I can't help myself:(

At night my hip aches so much, I can't turn over in bed. I roll that bio-stuff on it which alleviates some of the pain for several minutes. I moan all night long--do you? Must be a treat for my husband who actually sleeps through it all.:wink:

That last bit really made me laugh, but you always make me laugh :razz: I can understand you, hip pain can be really devastating, I got a taste of that when I was extremely overweight... for some reason that extra weight really harmed me! Walking was so painful at times! It disappeared once I lost the weight, but I really know what you mean :( I'm guessing your pain must be way worse than mine, because mine was caused by my extra weight, but yours is caused by something different.

I agree that my thighs are super sensitive. My elbow areas are also surprisingly sensitive as are my calves. I don't know why these are such hot spots. I try to put the heating pad on them when they are really acting up and that works fairly well. Sometimes I'll stretch my thighs and legs to get the blood moving but it is hard to reduce sensitivity.

Really? When my thighs or calves are like that, I can't even stand the heating pad. I just leave them alone, and the feeling usually goes away :) I'm happy this doesn't happen so often, fibro is a really odd disease, isn't it!?

At night my hip aches so much, I can't turn over in bed. I roll that bio-stuff on it which alleviates some of the pain for several minutes. I moan all night long--do you? Must be a treat for my husband who actually sleeps through it all.:wink:

I have been experiencing the same problem with my hip. Just one, not both. I'm not sure why it is only one. I sit for most of the day while working and my hip really tightens up. I've been trying to stretch it out as much as possible but I wonder if I'll have to have the hip replaced when I am older. What is the bio stuff that you use for pain relief?

I sometimes get that on one side of my face and scalp. Always the right side, which is kind of strange. Last time is was so bad I used an ice pack and that helped a bit.

I feel as though i have a really bad,deep sunburn all over. when i go to the bathroom, it urts so bad just to pull my panties up! I have been doing well for so long that i actually forgot how horrible this is when it flares up. everything hurts .My skin , Mymuscles? M y flesh...i cant seem to type today eithet.. sorry. i take nuerontin for pain but its not touching this. i feel like i need some morphine? But unstead, i get tramadol
that lets me know that the doctors have absolutely no idea of how much this hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back