Status
Not open for further replies.

cjd

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Sorry ,but I have a Stinky Question.
My skin has really become very sensitive, all over...like a burning sensation, all over. But, especially the underarm, arm pits. Now, I can't even wear deoderant!!!!! Anyone, else have such an issue?

skin ... very sensitive, all over...burning sensation, all over. ... especially underarm, arm pits. Now, I can't even wear deoderant!!!!! Anyone, else ...?
Why yes: me...
Always had itching and some burning - dry, very sensitive, all pre-fibro. Always need to avoid synthetics etc., and minimize water and soap. Deodorant I can't use anything with alcohol, but expensive "sensitive" types work. It's also possible to make your own gentle natural ones.

The burning has now greatly increased from my jab-triggered MCAS and has become more allergy-like, suggesting that this and all my oversensitivities (like stomach & gut) were MCAS all along, my allergist 25 years ago said no allergies, but many intolerances, "we don't know much about these conditions yet, think of it as a type of invisible neurodermatitis and you're right in just learning & avoiding your triggers".

Definitely don't use deodorant. My guess is you have developed a sensitivity to chemicals, and the best way to manage that is remove all chemicals from your home. This means cleaning products, synthetic clothes, makeup unless all natural ingredients, lotions ditto, and so on. Don't use or wear any of those things for a month or so and see if that brings any relief. If it does, you can try slowly, one thing at a time, adding things back in order to pinpoint what is setting it off. Although if you have multiple chemical sensitivities you may not be able to use any chemical substances at all. It's very easy, though, to clean with just vinegar and baking soda and the internet is full of ideas for all-natural make-at-home products. You don't really need laundry soap (unless something is exceptionally soiled) or soap on your body. Just wash with water.

Hi @cjd, I use skin care products that are vegan friendly, but I also make sure they're pH balanced as that usually works well for me. :)

Yes I've suffered with this for years .make sure you are moisturising everyday.I know it hurts but it will really help.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back