Serrapeptase

gain

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
FI
Has anyone tried serrapeptase to treat fibromyalgia?

JayCS

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
Very interesting suggestion!
A proteoloytic enzyme which users say is anti-inflammatory and has hardly any/no side effects.
I've also seen fibro occasionally listed. Altho we of course don't know if it really has something inflammatory or autoimmune.
Evidence-based medicine seems to believe there are not enough trials to warrant interest.
But a look on pubmed shows a negative review of this kind from 2013, however 3 more positive ones from 2017 2x and 2020.
So I am inclined to try it one day, after GABA is helping so well at the moment.
And the feverish-feeling I still get makes me feel there is some hidden inflammation or something autoimmune going on in my body unbeknownst to man. ;o)
3 trusted online pharmacies offer it here, not that cheap tho: 40c per 500mg pill.
And you?

gain

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
FI
I think it's interesting. I haven't tried but some successful stories of fibromyalgia treatment can be found online. I will try.

JayCS

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
The site "dr axe" lists as possible side effects: digestive upset, skin inflammation, infections or rash, can lead to muscle aches and joint pain, risk for pneumonia, infections, bleeding and bruising. Good to know, so I can watch out, but I think these are more general inferences, not actual study results, as there are hardly any. Also similar to GABA the side effects may in my case be slight and wear off, even if they are the typical ones I can't do with. I'm actually thinking of trying soon parallel to GABA, but I've got to develop something there first (I'm thinking of reducing the glutamic acid as I'm not sure of the sense of that combination anyway).

gain

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
FI
I have been using serrapeptase for two days and it really helps reduce pain.

A product worth trying. I'm suprised.

ckbmore

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/1990
Country
US
State
CO
I tried a bottle of serrapeptase a couple times, did not help me. But it might work for other people.