Not open for further replies.

gain

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2020
Country
FI
Has anyone tried serrapeptase to treat fibromyalgia?

Very interesting suggestion!
A proteoloytic enzyme which users say is anti-inflammatory and has hardly any/no side effects.
I've also seen fibro occasionally listed. Altho we of course don't know if it really has something inflammatory or autoimmune.
Evidence-based medicine seems to believe there are not enough trials to warrant interest.
But a look on pubmed shows a negative review of this kind from 2013, however 3 more positive ones from 2017 2x and 2020.
So I am inclined to try it one day, after GABA is helping so well at the moment.
And the feverish-feeling I still get makes me feel there is some hidden inflammation or something autoimmune going on in my body unbeknownst to man. ;o)
3 trusted online pharmacies offer it here, not that cheap tho: 40c per 500mg pill.
And you?

I think it's interesting. I haven't tried but some successful stories of fibromyalgia treatment can be found online. I will try.

The site "dr axe" lists as possible side effects: digestive upset, skin inflammation, infections or rash, can lead to muscle aches and joint pain, risk for pneumonia, infections, bleeding and bruising. Good to know, so I can watch out, but I think these are more general inferences, not actual study results, as there are hardly any. Also similar to GABA the side effects may in my case be slight and wear off, even if they are the typical ones I can't do with. I'm actually thinking of trying soon parallel to GABA, but I've got to develop something there first (I'm thinking of reducing the glutamic acid as I'm not sure of the sense of that combination anyway).

I have been using serrapeptase for two days and it really helps reduce pain.

A product worth trying. I'm suprised.

I tried a bottle of serrapeptase a couple times, did not help me. But it might work for other people.

@gain: Any update from your side?

Felt like starting serrapeptase today as I'd got a quite severe Ache (after a friendly talk with a strenuous person).
I can't really believe it yet, but the Ache disappeared after about 10', while sfx (itchy & GI & small unusual pains) have been well tolerable.
Then to see if that stands the test, I did 1.5h of weeding - only a few pains & slightly sore muscles, normal since I usually can't.
Then cycled around a bit slowly, 10' shops, nothing taxing, but still OK.
7h after taking it I'm as fibro-tired as always and still not keen on standing at my bar table/workstation, but trying it now.
The ache is still normal, but I'm scratching myself a little bit. At first I had sort of cotton wool in my head and body for about an hour.

Nocebo for the sfx? Placebo for the fx? I'm a sucker for a placebo that good.
I'm used to quick reactions - I think my microbiome bacteria all have ADHD & need milliseconds to communicate. 😎😏
The capsules contain 10,000 SPUs, which is 0,3-1% of what's often "recommended". No one knows really.
The sfx reports mentioned in 6 studies I've found are only single cases (those mentioned in "drug company monographs" probably too).
I'm concerned that the sfx may increase. But then I'll try opening the capsules & taking less.

Anyone who's that interested in an exotic supp might like a short update on my supp successes:
My sleep breaks are down to 4x4' per night, by increasing passiflora to 3x289mg 1h before sleep & 1x in the 1st break plus
stopping Mg glycinate after reading that glycine can be excitatory in some (Cynthia Perkins). Stopping Magnesium malate was OK too.
A balance of GABA for serotonin and glutamine for dopamine help with sleep & in the daytime stiffness & lots more.
I overdosed both, so am now at 450mg GABA & cold shower before bed (helps without fail!), then 600 GABA, 450 glutamine & "200-300" theanine in the 1st sleep break. Theanine helps both sleep and alertness upon waking up a bit, so I'm still adjusting the amount & time.
My last project, taurine, was a short one. It hyped me so much I only slept 4h40, and didn't even need sleep in the daytime.
(Research actually says it is good for relaxing & sleep and is put in energy drinks as an antagonist of the caffeine.)
So I tried it to wake me up: 5-100mg didn't do anything, a high (normal for most) of 1g made me jittery, on day 2 2x500mg gave me 3 seizures, altho it's sposed to relax seizures like GABA. Which is rare, but possible and consistent with it waking me up at night...
Next on my list was magnesium glycinate in the daytime, but it did nothing, didn't relax, nor wake me up.
So curious as ever and I think getting the hang of this game, serrapeptase smiled at me... but being an enzyme may make it different 🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back