Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
wa
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a couple months ago. I found a new doctor since the last one told me I just need a vacation and massage. :evil:
The new doctor gave me 3 medications to choose from cymbalta, sevella and lyrica. I have researched online but would like to know which works best if any and which is least known to cause weight gain. I don't need any help with that. I currently only take tramadol as needed for pain. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

While I can't say what will work for anyone else, for me, the Cymbalta helped a lot with my pain & symptoms. I just couldn't tolerate the side effects. I had weight gain, even though I was eating literally nothing but salad, and as uncouth as it may be to mention, I was so "bunged up" I couldn't stand it, even with all the roughage I was eating. But for what it's worth, it did manage the pain & weakness quite well. Hope that helps you at least a little bit. :)

Hi,
Before I took it, I read alot about it and came to the conclusion that cymbalta (duloxetine) is the best for neurological pain. After taking it just once got some abnormal reaction (burning in my palms & shoulders) and stopped it. But it's no.1 choice for most neurologists. Some gain weight and some loose. Start with 30mg then go on to 60mg after a week. Do not use Cymbalta if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days.

I have used all three. The Cymbalta gave me difficulty urinating, The Lyrica worked but I packed on 20 pounds very quickly. The savella works but it does not get rid of all the pain. I also take Gabapentin at night along with Mirapex. Medications affect everyone differently, it is basically a trial and error. Best of luck to you!

I take Cymbalta, which helped reduce my pain about 20%. Gained 15 pounds, but I'll take getting rid of some pain--even just 20%--and deal with the weight gain. I also have major depressive disorder, so I felt it better to take one pill for two things.

Cymbalta worked well for me and I didn't gain weight on it. The side effects were too heavy a price to pay though; no focus, could sleep anywhere, any time, couldn't drive anymore. As to the constipation, I took Natural Calm, a magnesium supplement, that kept things moving. I now take Savella after a long time of nothing. The pain was too intense so I started Savella and it works well so far. No drugged feeling or sleepiness all day and the pain relief is great. I refused Lyrica as I don't want to gain weight like so many have. I worked too hard to loose 68 lbs.!

i would try gabapintin instead of those. cheaper and works the same. i stopped lyrica due to eye site lose.(side affect)

Thank you! I hope I find something that helps. ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back