Paarth

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
IN
Hello Doctors and Friends,

My mom has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for years now with no relief from pain. Most Doctors treat her for tenderness or nerve pain but few are very clear that it’s fibromyalgia with no treatment.

Her pain is unbearable at times for months with no medical help or relief. No pain killer has given any relief.

The pain is on her arms below the elbow - the pain is unbearable on the muscles as if getting severely pinched or like needles getting injected. Her pain continues for hours. She tries to get help from heating pads or double dose of pain killers like mobizox with minimal relief.

Please help with your thoughts, suggestions on any medicines, any dietary control or any use of CBD oil.

Thank you - Paarth

Hello Doctors and Friends,

My mom has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for years now with no relief from pain. Most Doctors treat her for tenderness or nerve pain but few are very clear that it’s fibromyalgia with no treatment.

Her pain is unbearable at times for months with no medical help or relief. No pain killer has given any relief.

The pain is on her arms below the elbow - the pain is unbearable on the muscles as if getting severely pinched or like needles getting injected. Her pain continues for hours. She tries to get help from heating pads or double dose of pain killers like mobizox with minimal relief.

Please help with your thoughts, suggestions on any medicines, any dietary control or any use of CBD oil.

Thank you - Paarth
I get it! My pain starts in my neck and goes down my shoulders to the inside of my elbows. Under arm pain usually on left side. I just try to keep moving. Only thing that helps.

Definitely gotta keep moving no matter what, doing whatever is possible. That's really the only defense we have against this.

Sounds like joint and muscle pain to me. I'm not sure but there could be arthritis. I'd get the work up. It's simple blood tests. Hint: Over the counter drugs that you can purchase for yourself come in extra strength. The generic work fine and for $2.00 you could be set for awhile.

My pain starts behind neck, radiates to shoulder joint and down th outside of arm.... some days I have to got e my arms to move.....
By the way I have tried several times to complete the ‘do you have fobro. Test’ and cannot get catcha to come up!!!!!

I would guess from what you have written that you lifted something like groceries or did the laundry. I used to do my son's jeans and my arms hurt so bad afterwards for days. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and my arms right and left hurt so bad, I can't even describe it, then I have to go back and I've realized what I have done the day or week before is hurting me now. (I sometimes think about my life before this when I knew why I was in pain right away.) With Fibromyalgia you are in pain, pain at rest and pain at work, but this forum is right on, we have to help ourselves the best that we can. If you only knew how many times I tried and failed, you would ask me why I bother but I love my life, I love my family and my friends are great and that is why it is all well worth it when I consider the alternatives.

You should see a doctor, there is a simple blood test that can answer your questions!

Hi does fibro show up in blood tests then ?
Thanks in advance x

I would guess from what you have written that you lifted something like groceries or did the laundry. I used to do my son's jeans and my arms hurt so bad afterwards for days. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and my arms right and left hurt so bad, I can't even describe it, then I have to go back and I've realized what I have done the day or week before is hurting me now. (I sometimes think about my life before this when I knew why I was in pain right away.) With Fibromyalgia you are in pain, pain at rest and pain at work, but this forum is right on, we have to help ourselves the best that we can. If you only knew how many times I tried and failed, you would ask me why I bother but I love my life, I love my family and my friends are great and that is why it is all well worth it when I consider the alternatives.

The last two days have been horrible, I hurt so bad at night I have to get up! My shoulders and arms are cramping so badly I have difficulty lifting a gallon of milk!!!! I live in middle georgia and the atmospheric pressure is 30.8. Do any of you find cbd oil helpful?

I haven't tried any CBD products yet and I would like to know if those are helpful to anyone :)

Schuyler-----I am not aware of any blood test that diagnoses Fibromyalgia with any accuracy.

Sabrina-----my experience with CBD is that it is only effective when it is combined with THC, and statistically that seems to be the case for most people, although there are some who say it helps them on its own. I use it in a tincture combined with medical cannabis (THC) and find it very effective for me. Also helps a little bit with the anxiety, which is really taking over these days in the plague times.

That is absolutely painful especially if starts at the neck, get well soon.

I take 1000 cbd oil and gabapentin (800) at night and 400 in morning... and 60 cymbalta..... strangest thing... I had to have back injections last Friday and.... low and behold and quite unexpectedly... it helped my arms and neck and shoulders... what a relief.... I don’t know how long this will last but I am so happy to be better for a couple of days...

Trouble is.... when I feel better, I try to do all those things I have wanted to get done for weeks... and then fibromyalgia gets set off again.... gotta learn to pace myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back