Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Mn
How does Fibro affect your :-(sex life? I seem to be too tired and sore to keep up they way I used to and it sucks because I am in my prime, and I love sex, but by the time the kids are settled I'm way to tired to have sex with my husband and that makes me kinda feel inadequate 😞. How about others .

A few weeks ago I posted a question about pain in the private parts because my husband and I have not made love in over a year and it is frustrating. Between the pain and fatigue I do not know how others manage but my husband and I cuddle and not much else. Like you, I feel inadequate and like a bad wife. My husband is very understanding and says we will do what we can when we can.

Sex is about pleasure and if you are in pain i don't see the point of trying to do it. There are ways to be sexually pleased and to please without actually having sex, please excuse me if I'm too direct. Also, maybe you could find a position in which it doesn't hurt that much? Once again, I just wanted to help, not to offend anyone. You should also be mentally prepared, not only physically.

From a male point of view, my sex drive has just decreased. I have had the whole 'can't get it up' thing happen once or twice and in general I don't enjoy sex as much as I used to in the past.

-Hersh

I am sorry to hear that but maybe you should give it a try when you feel a bit better. It may make you feel better. Mentally.

Decrease libido is sytom of FM. Moreover, chronnic fatigue and side effects of most the the FM meds play a great part in decreased sex drive. I too do not care for sex. I have a wonderful husband for 20 years and I go the extra mile for him sometimes. He isvery understanding and knowledgeable of my illnesse and does not push me. We do not engage in the act often but we are very attached and find ways to pleasure and make each other happy( kissing many times a day, cuddling, backscratching, hair combing, massaging etc.)

My sex life has dropped from 10 to may be 5, this is because the lower abdominal pains becomes too much sometimes to bear. this makes me not even think about sex for days, sometimes the spotting also puts me off. Though my husband understands, I cant help but to feel for him sometimes.

I couldn't bear my body to be touched, it was just too painful, also my libido went down to zero. Sadly I now live alone, and because of this illness, it looks like that is the way it will stay, unless of course I meet a man who can settle for gentle cuddles and no more. Sad to see the end of a healthy sex life.

I havent posted yet, a new member, but regarding this subject. I have found that when my pain has me crying and practically convulsing in bed that an orgasm helps tremendously...My loving husband takes care of it for me so that I dont have to do any extra and potentially painful work. I dont mean for this post to sound dirty, but just very frank on what helps with the bad pain.

I was desperately hoping to find a converstion about this, and not have to start one on my own. Sex is extremely painful for me and I could honestly care less if I do it or not. My hips hurt for a couple of days afterwards. My husband gets so (understandably) frustrated with me because I have to constantly adjust and change positions. I realize that a relationship is not all about sex, but how do you make a man in his prime (I think they are always in their prime) understand that? We have been married for 5 years together for 6 and it continues to be a constant battle to the point that I fear for our future. I don't want to paint a bad picture of my husband at all. He is extremely supportive and understands what I am dealing with. Unfortunately, his desire for sex is extremely high and mine is pretty much non-existant. If anyone has any advice for us, please share.

I actually look forward to sex with my husband. I've had Fibro since 2005 and it feels like I have the flu all the time or worse. Sex gives me a chance to feel normal, sexy, and for a while, feel pleasure. Our time together lets me forget about things for just a little while and enjoy being together. I know that some people may have worse symptoms than me and may really have a hard time just getting around with their daily pain, but if you can, allow yourself to feel the pleasure you can get with being with your partner.

I am happy for you and I am glad you found a way to enjoy your intimate time with your husband. Being with your loved one could also help you mentally and make you feel better about yourself.

It seems I am in a minority on this subject. My sex drive hasn't diminished a jot.
Even when I hurt so much I can't think if I was in a sexual situation my pain is different. I suppose it helps I was a bit of a masochist in my previous life.
My problem is my sex drive is ten times greater than hubbies who only seems to need it a few times a year. I'd rather it be a few times a day! Lol

It seems I am in a minority on this subject. My sex drive hasn't diminished a jot.
Even when I hurt so much I can't think if I was in a sexual situation my pain is different. I suppose it helps I was a bit of a masochist in my previous life.
My problem is my sex drive is ten times greater than hubbies who only seems to need it a few times a year. I'd rather it be a few times a day! Lol

I don't know if you are a minority but I think it's very important to have a healthy sexual life, so good for you! This is the only time when after all that pain you get a reward :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back