Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpm

Hi everyone I’m new on here I’ve been dealing with fibromyalgia since 2004 I was wondering has anyone had problems with sex and fibromyalgia it’s painful to have sex now when I have a orgasm I get an uncomfortable sensation going down the legs and into the feet

Hello Rpm, this may be a topic on which you will not get many (or any) replies, as it is very personal to be discussing on an international and public forum. We generally don't discuss highly personal things here. If you have other questions that are not so personal, however, you may get responses from people.

Hmmmm now here I’m different as most of us have sex And I’ve never been one to shy away from something to normal to do ,and I remember years ago it was talked about on here a few times,but that was many moons ago,And it is a very personal subject to many folk,I’d have to ask if you have talked to your dr,because it’s not normal to have pain in sex .It’s possible it could be fibro as that makes everything hurt.

It's been 25 sexless years. Between the pain and the fatigue, I just couldn't.

There are muscles and nerves all over your body. Considering that your sexual organs are designed to have lots of feeling, it's no wonder that you hurt after orgasm. The physical therapists tell us that our muscles hurt because we aren't stretching them and toning them enough. Have you tried doing exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor? They will help prevent incontinence as you get older, too! Another muscle you might try stretching is the piriformis. Do tennis ball tender point pressure on the thigh muscles you are having pain on, too. You can either give in or do something to help yourself. It won't be easy, but it should be worth the effort.

Hi Rpm,

These kinds of sensations can be an impact of fibromyalgia - vulvodynia is often listed as a possible symptom. But, they could also be a signal of something else going on. It's definitely worth getting checked out by a doctor, as there could be something happening that's easy to treat! I had a bartholin cyst a few years back that caused me a whole heap of trouble, a boat load of pain, and ultimately had to be operated on. Great news was that was the end of that particular story.

It's also worth considering if any medications you're taking could also be having an impact. Side effects can be varied and surprising! You said you've been dealing with fibro since 2004, but it sounds like this is a relatively recent problem - can you think of anything that's changed? I'd recommend seeking advice, exploring therapies, and not despairing too much just yet. Fingers crossed you can get to the bottom of it and get that area of your life back on track!

Thank you for bringing it up. It’s one of the worst parts of this fibro or whatever the hell it is I’m dealing with. I want to be able to make love with my husband but the act itself, along with having an orgasm, leave me in serious pain afterward. It can last for up to 2 days!!!
From my butt to my feet get locked up so tight. I also get the sciatic type nerve pain you’re talking about. I’m new to chronic pain/fibromyalgia. It started in Fall of 2020. It wrecked sex and orgasms from the beginning. What sucks is that oxytocin which is released during orgasm is a great pain reducing and mood lifting hormone! There’s a reason they call it the love hormone. Sex is also emotionally enriching for a marriage and it certainly is for mine. My docs say of course this pain could happen because a person uses muscles in sex just like they would during strenuous exercise. The latter of which kills me. The difference is I don’t get to have an orgasm after exercise. Haha! I don’t want a sexless life, nor does my husband. My husband doesn’t want to hurt me, either. I don’t want to be hurt. However, after 26 years of marriage, we still desire each other. I told him it’s one of the only things my body can do that feels good while doing it, so I refuse to give it up. If I have to suffer afterward, it’s a price I’m willing to pay. I’ve found that stretching my leg muscles helps mitigate the pain. Also, Epsom salts baths can really help (before or after). I feel so broken in so many ways, already. I’ve cried buckets over how this chronic pain has affected my life, especially how it’s affected my sex life. I hope you feel less alone reading this.

Good idea of yours, @Silbergirl, that this might be sciatic. Then the Epsom salts baths'd (with warmth) also suggest capsule magnesium (malate or (bis)glycinate). for the nerves & muscles involved. Also trigger hunting by seeing if it can be influenced by what you do/how you do it during or after might ease it, including the exercise @NY Farmwife suggested (I do actually do some pelvic floor exercises every day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back