Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Have any of you experienced episodes in which you feel a bit shaky? I mean literally! I'd like to know if this is common among the people who suffer from fibromyalgia, or if it's just me.

I've noticed my hands shake slightly, this doesn't happen all time tho. It happens from time to time... this is something that I first experienced when I was in my teens. It can last 1 or 2 days maximum, but fortunately it doesn't happen often. I'm 26 years old, btw.

I get shaky hands and legs. It is usually when I am in bad pain or over tired. My legs are the worst, they shake so bad I have a hard time walking. When this happens I take a muscle relaxer and go to bed.

Hi Tina! Sorry to hear this is happening to you as well :( It's really tough, specially if this happens in public. Back when I was a teen I had to take some meds than had the nasty side effect of making my hands shake really bad! It happened in public once... g-d, I just wanted it to stop. Luckily no one noticed! Or at least that's what I like to think.

I try to stay home when I have the shakes so no one sees me, it is so embarrassing. My big toe on right foot has been twitching for a couple weeks non stop, it gets so bad my foot goes into cramps. Oh well , just another thing to deal with. With time it becomes easier to deal with all the cr*** Fibro hands us.

I do have this happen from time to time. Thankfully, it does not happen often. It is especially difficult when this happens at a time when you are out somewhere. It does not usually hit me suddenly. What I mean is I have some precursers on days when I am going to get shaky. I try to keep closer to home on those days

This will sound crazy but the other night, when I finally turned it, my leg was shaking so bad, I thought something was under my covers! I don't know what I expected but I actually got up and threw back the comforter to reveal...nothing. It has never shook that bad before.

I get shakes and tremors. Usually just in my hands and arms but occasionally all over. I was out when I had a bad episode, so much so someone asked if I'd got Parkinson's. Yep it was actually making my head wobble slightly on my neck. Luckily it rarely happens that bad.

I try to stay home when I have the shakes so no one sees me, it is so embarrassing. My big toe on right foot has been twitching for a couple weeks non stop, it gets so bad my foot goes into cramps. Oh well , just another thing to deal with. With time it becomes easier to deal with all the cr*** Fibro hands us.

I know how you feel, I got really shaky once... to the point I was praying and hoping no one would see me. Worst part is that I was in a public place, it was in a graduation, so everyone was paying attention to the ceremony. My hands started shaking uncontrolably, I was just thinking: ''Oh G-d, oh G-d! Please don't look at me! Whatever you do... please don't look at me! ''

Hang in there *hug* I know it's hard, but we gotta hangi n there and live our life the best we can :) Let's not allow this disease to ruin our moods!

I do have this happen from time to time. Thankfully, it does not happen often. It is especially difficult when this happens at a time when you are out somewhere. It does not usually hit me suddenly. What I mean is I have some precursers on days when I am going to get shaky. I try to keep closer to home on those days

Sorry to hear hear that! Nowadays I just have tremors. A while ago I got really shaky in public, it was during a graduation ceremony, and thankfully no one noticed (as far as I know), it's really desperating, but I'm glad now I just get tremors (not so bad). Do you think this is part of fibro?

This will sound crazy but the other night, when I finally turned it, my leg was shaking so bad, I thought something was under my covers! I don't know what I expected but I actually got up and threw back the comforter to reveal...nothing. It has never shook that bad before.

Sorry to hear that, it must have been so scary for you! The first time my hands started to shake (the first time was really bad because I was taking a medication that could maximize that) I was really scared. I couldn't control it... it's so scary when you realize you can lose the control of your own body, I wanted them to stop them, but they wouldn't stop!

I get shakes and tremors. Usually just in my hands and arms but occasionally all over. I was out when I had a bad episode, so much so someone asked if I'd got Parkinson's. Yep it was actually making my head wobble slightly on my neck. Luckily it rarely happens that bad.

Same here, and sorry to hear that! I know what it feels like, it's so embarrassing! At least it was the first time it ever happened to me; scary as well. By the way, the person who asked if you had Parkinson's was kinda rude. There is no way I'd ever ask a stranger that; none of my business! The nerve of some people out there, huh!

The lady wasn't saying it in a rude way, more concerned as she explained her mother had it. I dont mind people asking about things like that if they are genuinely interested.
I'm used to my shakes but the medical profession don't seem to be interested in looking into why I get them.

Yes, I do feel this way. Oftentimes I feel like this when I am nervous or when I haven't eaten much. Then the shakes are really amplified. Try to graze throughout the day if you feel this way and don't get too worked up about social situations. Being nervous is normal but being nervous to the point where it causes your body to shake is a disorder.

Rollingbound, I read your other thread... the one explaining you feel fatigated after meals, and after reading this post I'm starting to believe my first theory (the one I mentioned there) was true! It sounds like you suffer from sugar issues, if I were you I'd go to the doctor and ask for a glucose test. It has to be done when your stomach is still empty :)

My doctor diagnosed me with Benign Essential Tremors. I am a nurse and noticed a few years ago when scrubbed on a procedure my hands shook. I tried to hide it from the doctor I was scrubbed with. So mbarrassing. Now I cannot scrub at all, nor can I draw blood or start IVs. Can you imagine a nurse coming at you with a shakey needle?
I had no idea it can also be a part of fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back