Not open for further replies.

Libragirl67

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
I was just wondering if I was the only one getting tired of seeing so many bad things on the news. Has anyone see any little stories, or news bits that made you smile or restore your mood. Would anyone like to share?

I saw a sweet story on my facebook page today. There is a boy who has a little sister who has down syndrome. He always looked on his facebook page and saw all these random pretty girls getting "likes". So he decidedhe wanted to make his baby sister feel good and see if he could get some likes for her. He took a very cute picture of himself and his sister and asked if he could recieve 100 likes. He has so far recieved over 1,000 likes for his baby sister. I thought this was such a great story of love and compassion.

I watched a video on youtube the other day about an older black man who is wheelchair bound and lives in a nursing home. He could not talk and if spoken to, had no communicating skills with the nurses. But one day they had hooked up an ipad for him and played his favorite music which was jazz. To their surprise he started humming and swaying to the music and afterward was able to talk with his caregivers for a short time. So they made music a part of his daily life and it opened the world back up to him that had been lost by old age and health reasons.

They had the before and after verisons of the video and it was truely amazing to listen to and watch someone who did not communicate be able to let his wishes be know. It made me smile and be glad that his nurses and caregivers cared that much for him, and the best part it made him smile too.

I was just wondering if I was the only one getting tired of seeing so many bad things on the news. Has anyone see any little stories, or news bits that made you smile or restore your mood. Would anyone like to share?

I've seen a funny animal clip on the news today and it made me feel better. The news are very depressing, but fortunately they usually have these clips at the end that make me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back