Not open for further replies.

jdigges1

Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
US
State
TX
I have been dealing with shingles this is just an added bonus to my pain. The worst part of the shingle outbreak is that you are so damn tired before it breaks out in the rash. I am going crazy I feel that not only dealing with the complications of fatigue now by battle is topped off with severe burning pain where the shingle is going to rear its ugly head.

Has anyone had to deal with shingles and what do you do to help it.

Oh, you poor thing. I can't even imagine what Shingles would feel like on top of your other pain. I've watched my Mom and Daughter suffer so bad from them and they don't have FM. I have no advice to give, but please know I am thinking of you and hope the Shingles pass quickly.

I had shingles quite a few years ago and it was no fun. As far as I know ,I didn't have fibro back then. I had the pain on my right rib cage as well as the rash. I couldn't stand for any clothes to touch my skin. it was like the burning skin we get with fibro. I went to the Dr because I had no idea what it was. He told me I should have come sooner. I remember getting some type of pill for it. it took awhile for it to go away, but it finally did. I still have the scar where I had the rash. jdigges1, have you been to a dr yet? if not, I believe medication may be the only way to get rid of it. good luck.

Oh, you poor thing. I can't even imagine what Shingles would feel like on top of your other pain. I've watched my Mom and Daughter suffer so bad from them and they don't have FM. I have no advice to give, but please know I am thinking of you and hope the Shingles pass quickly.

Thank you for thinking of me I think it is funny how a such a simply task to think of others makes you feel better in so many ways. It was such a nice weekend we had guest and I had to put my pain aside to be a host, always hard to do but, I don't want to miss out on a good chat and a visit from friends. By time Sunday cam around I did not remove myself from the couch until 2:00. Sad that it wore be down but between shingles and friends I had to stand back and say enjoy your day. You have a great day.

I had shingles quite a few years ago and it was no fun. As far as I know ,I didn't have fibro back then. I had the pain on my right rib cage as well as the rash. I couldn't stand for any clothes to touch my skin. it was like the burning skin we get with fibro. I went to the Dr because I had no idea what it was. He told me I should have come sooner. I remember getting some type of pill for it. it took awhile for it to go away, but it finally did. I still have the scar where I had the rash. jdigges1, have you been to a dr yet? if not, I believe medication may be the only way to get rid of it. good luck.

I am going to the Dr today to see what to do about it. It is taking me to new levels of Fatigue and wish I could just find something for energy. I had company all week and yesterday I crashed hard and today can bearly hold my head up. I have noticed on the days that I take it easy and just lay around it takes a week to strum up just a little energy.

It is funny how fibro does that to you. The best advice someone gave me is rest but, not for long.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back