Sophiexx

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2019
Country
UK
Hi everyone

Have been having severe pain in neck and shoulders anybody had the same?? Any ideas

Thank you
Sophie

Many of us have had the same. but what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another in terms of pain relief. For neck and shoulders I usually use a heating pad + medication.

Hi thank you for replying
Yea I have tried heat pad etc and I have alot of pain medication just wasnt sure if there was anything else
Thank you though

That's where my worst pain is - and I had neck surgery last summer and for a while I was pain free - but the FB started in the fall, and its all in the neck and shoulder and down into my hand. I use heat and medication and found when I was doing some shoulder and arm exercises (very mild) that it helped get the blood moving. I do gentle stretches and relaxation exercises every day too.

Yea same my neck and shoulders are so bad all the time. Iv had lots of physio and nothing seems to help my shoulders are constantly rock solid and I realized parts of my spine are also extremely tender..
Thank you for replying. This is the first time iv posted on here and I'm so greatful tht u understand I feel like I'm on my own with this.
Thank you

Yes, neck and shoulders are constantly tight and painful. Gentle stretches and gentle massage can help but I find that it's only temporary. I'm still looking for a solution - I guess it's just one of those fibro things! Stay positive. You're not alone.

hi, yes, same problem area here too. I take tramadol for all over pain plus use Frieda magnesium cream locally on the shoulder and neck. I also have dry needling treatments once or twice a year. FYI I'm on medicare so if doctor approves that therapy is paid. Some other insurances also pay for that therapy I'm told. it's a little uncomfortable while getting done but relaxes the muscles and eases pain for a few weeks.

Thank you everyone I will definitely look up dry needling. I'm so glad iv joined this forum I dont know anyone our FB does everyone else have chronic fatigue syndrome as iv been diagnosed with both. I'm finding it hard to adjust to a new life with these.
Thank you

I use over the counter lidocaine patches for shoulder and leg pain. I love heat as well, but the lidocaine patches help ensure that the pain doesn't wake me up at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back