Not open for further replies.

Mead

Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
CA
State
Alberta (AB)
HI all, I am taking a sick day as I need to pace myself and am a bit overwhelmed today. I am diagnosed with fibro and am so fed up with the doctors. I am on Cymbalta and Lyrica but feel pretty well the same as I have for the past three years.
I feel my doc thinks I am full of crap but am not certain. It is difficult to get a good doctor here in Alberta so I have just given up on that!
My knees are messed up and with the weight gain from the Lyrica none of this is getting better. I smile thru the pain and wish I could be home to pace myself better.
I work full time but feel cognitively I am slipping away.
Do any of you out there feel like this.
Am I eligible for Aish? not sure about any of this.. Anya words would be apreciated at this time . Thanks

I am sorry to hear about that Mead, but it's good that you can take a sick day to pace yourself, I am sure tomorrow will be a better day...

well if you feel to sick to go to work i recommend you take enough rest i just hope that your boss is quite understanding to your current sittuation some may interpret it as a sign of laziness but please don't be distracted just do your best.

I was recently diagnosed and have missed a lot of work through this process. My husband just had a full knee replacement so I took time off to help him. I was told yesterday that if things don't quiet down they are going to have to replace me. I have NO BENEFITS through my employer (the state of Florida health department) so I have no recourse. Now I am even more stressed. I know I am going to have to hang it up soon because it is a strain on me, but I was hoping I could stay through the holidays. This whole situation is a nightmare :-(

Tharper, don't let them get rid of you. With doc note, you are eligible for FMLA. Get a copy of the FL forms and have your doc list your limitations and needs. You have 12 weeks each calendar year for health conditions. Check with human resources. You can take the time off, just work with your supervisor. Your job is guan teed. If you leave for extended time, they have to either give you back you job or place you in a similar position. If you have union status get your rep to go to bat for you. Good luck.

Hi Mead! Welcome to the forum! So sorry to hear all that, but I'm glad to read you can still smile thru the pain, not many folks here can do that! At least you do! Just enjoy your day off, everyone should get one from time to time and just relax! As for a good doctor, darling.... it is hard to find a good doctor anywhere nowadays! I'm in a quest to find a good neurologist... no success so far!

Don't forget your health comes first, listen to your body. Take time off if you need to and don't get over come with stress. You are going to have more sick days then any other co worker because you have Fibromyalgia and they don't. My biggest enemy was stress when I worked, I got so upset because I had to keep taking sick days. I know what you are going through and the frustration of wanting to work but physically unable to. Take care of your self my dear because no body else will. Gentle Hugs!

Mead, I agree that you have to listen to your body. The stress I put on myself when I was out, made it worse. So, when you take time off, take it off and don't feel guilty. I'm not suggesting abusing the time, but when you have bad days and need to be away, don't let it eat at you because it will only increase the stress and anxiety. I can completely understand where you are coming from. I'm not from Canada so I don't know what options you have. I would suggest that when you have good days, plan to do research. Bad days, just take care of yourself. Good day? Figure out your options available to you. Bad day? Take care of yourself. Etc.....If you find out information on your good days, will help reduce the stress and anxiety on your bad days. The known is easier to deal with than the unknown right? So, become knowledgeable....

I think that if we can take a sick day we should, always hoping and fighting that the next day will be better, always be optimistic!

Mead,
I am sorry you don't feel well. Hang in there because not every day will go terrible. You will have days that you feel like you never had any disease at all.
I felt the same way about my doctor. He is a great internist. He treats others who have auto-immune diseases.Then I began to realize he was frustrated because he could not pinpoint any affective treatments to alleviate all of my symptoms. It took some time for him to realize I required anti-depressants and therapy for the emotional stresses I had. That was twenty years ago. His practice has come a long ways. Recently, he has told me that he refers more patients for symptoms of depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back