Sick of people saying " Well you look fine, you would never know" (and off work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sick of people saying " Well you look fine, you would never know" (and off work)

You're so right, VellyBean. When I'm going out, I also put a big smile on my face. I really don't want to bring people down, but it's also a matter of pride.

I'm glad for home where I wear my floppy pants and shirts because everything else hurts. My neighbors are used to seeing me in strange outfits now. They all love my extra heavy polar fleece pants that are bright yellow with red cherries and two sizes too big. With the winter we're having, I don't want to blend into the snow!

Re: Sick of people saying " Well you look fine, you would never know" (and off work)

Hi everyone and thanks once again for the posts....Whenever I am having an incredibly difficult day I come on here and these posts give me so much happiness to know I have people to share with and lean on and that I can hopefully do the same for them. I truly appreciate it and feel god brought this forum into my life for a reason.

I haven't actually found a local support group where I live, but I haven't really looked. I have found this forum to be very helpful and knowing that there are others out there that truly understand what we all go through. Its a relief to hear I am not the only one that get frustrated by these statements. Vellybean I am so sorry to hear that you also had to stop working, and probably doing something that you loved to do. I am in a similar boat and it is very sad. I suffer from a lot of guilt, and paranoia and all the other things you had mentioned in your post. I hope that one day that goes away.

I was at church this morning, and I always find it very encouraging but the problem is once I leave church I go back to feeling the way I do. I think this is in part because I am trying to develop a closer relationship with god. My illness and other things in life have made me want to make that relationship stronger than it has ever been before. I have always been a believer but only in the last year have I been devoting more time to things like church.

Hope that everyone is having one of your good days today. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Lyndsey, im so glad you found us and we are helping you.
Im not a church attender. I do have 2 friends that attend a prayer group. Both in different groups. They tell me I am one of the people they pray for.it is a relief to know stranger's are praying for me. My friends tell me they pray for me every day. I know I'm loved and that's another reason I keep going.

You might try a prayer group.

Hi cmetryme,

that is a great idea. I may do that. It is comforting to know that you are loved and you are in peoples prayers. I hear the power of prayer is very strong :)

Hope you are doing well tonight.

Lynds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back