Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
OR
I came down with a sinus infection this weekend. I guess fibromyalgia is magnifying the pain from sinus pressure. I was up most of the night because the upper half of my face just hurt.

I keep doing saline rinses. I'm starting to see some improvement as of this evening.

Here is a trick that I use for sinus pain...put your elbows on the table ( or on your knees.) Place your thumbs on the inside corner of your eyebrows. Let your head fall onto your thumbs. You will know you have the right spot because it hurts. Do this for several minutes and repeat as needed. There must be a nerve ending right there and the pressure in that nerve seems to help it reset. I hope this helps!

Thanks Getemgirl, I will try that out

I wonder if the fibro makes us more susceptible to sinus problems. I've had them for years, the doc finally gave me medication for it and straight away got a chest infection which has wiped me out! :(

That's a good question. It seems that fibromyalgia affects so many different systems in the body. I think the sleep disruption alone can really suppress your immune system.

I have also had sinus infections for many years. In my case I have a genetic immune deficiency that makes me more susceptible to infections in the mucous membranes.

I hope you recover from your chest infection soon!

I have started to suffer from terrible headaches the last 3 weeks. They start out in the mid afternoon and increase as the day goes on. By bedtime they are pretty severe. I take Excedrin Migraine for them and that works almost instantly but I am scheduled for a total shoulder replacement next week and am not sure if I should be taking them at this point. I will ask my pcp tomorrow when I see him for my pre-op testing.

I'm glad the excedrin migraine is working so well. I think it is a combination of acetaminophen, asprin and caffeine. Letting them know about it is a good idea.

I find that often caffeine will stop one of my migraines in its tracks. My first reaction when I feel a headache coming is to drink coffee or strong tea :)

Now that I have fibromyalgia I have to be careful how much caffeine I consume or I will be up all night and extra anxious.

I will be thinking of you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back