Skin issues? Chondrodermatitis nodularis helicis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeans89

Hello again. I'm still not diagnosed with anything yet. I have an MRI coming up in about a week of head and neck, which should tell us something, hopefully. But meanwhile, my symptoms are still weird and ever-changing. I suddenly developed bilateral, symmetrical, small, raised, firm, bumps on each ear, sort of in the anti helix area, in the middle of the outer ear, I guess you'd say. I can lie on either side without any problem, but they're tender to touch. The right side got sort of crusty and is now just a flat scab, no lump left, and it's not really tender any more. The left one is still reddened and a little tender but getting smaller, I think. Naturally I googled like I shouldn't ha, and read about something called Chondrodermatitis nodularis helicis, which is a fairly common, benign thing usually. But since it occurred symmetrically, I'm kind of weirded out by it. I guess a handful of autoimmune things can cause it, none of which I want. Neither Sjogren's nor fibromyalgia are listed. Granted, I don't even know if that's what this is, but I'm just researching and wondering. I guess it helps the anxiety to know what some possibilities are. Thanks.

I had the same thing on an ear a few years back. It did heal after a while, and now I have a point on my ear where that was, so I joke that made me a fairy 🧚‍♂️. Doc had said just hope it’s not cancer… was nothing major just a little sore. I get skin issues from time to time, too, and think it was from wearing headphones all the time. Hope you hear helpful info if you find anything from the mri!

I had the same thing on an ear a few years back. It did heal after a while, and now I have a point on my ear where that was, so I joke that made me a fairy 🧚‍♂️. Doc had said just hope it’s not cancer… was nothing major just a little sore. I get skin issues from time to time, too, and think it was from wearing headphones all the time. Hope you hear helpful info if you find anything from the mri!
Thank you for that - helps to know others who had simple outcomes from similar occurrences. Actually, I don't think it is the chondro nodular thing. lol. Idk. I read that that can take months to go away, but it's already gone on my right side and about halfway gone on my left. Weird thing though to happen symmetrically like that. Hoping the MRI shows us something manageable and treatable and just. not. cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back