Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
Al
Every doc I see asked if I sleep. Actually most of my life I have had trouble sleeping. I have always like sitting up late. Then getting up early to get to work, I would be a zombie. For the past week, tho I am sleeping. I take 2 Trazadone, read for about 30 min then lights out. I have even moved to the extra bedroom. My husband has our king bed to himself. But I am doing whatever it takes. My life revolves around getting that sleep no matter what.

Have any of you ever tried going to a sleep disorder clinic?

Welcome. Ive been told by my dr that we do not go into all stages of sleep.thats why u can sleep for hours and not feel any better.
I'm on amitripoline at bed time it's a nerve blocker but aids sleep to.

Hello, I had a sleep study done in 2008. At the time I was very fatigued and it was affecting every aspect of my life. At first they gave me a device I could use at home. It monitored my breathing, pulse and oxygen level. The results were inconclusive, so I had a follow up full blown sleep study. Turns out every time I entered REM sleep I started snoring, which woke me just enough to pop me up into a lighter stage of sleep. They had to monitor my brain waves to make the diagnosis though.

They gave me a CPAP to quiet the snoring. I loved it because I slept so much better with it. I hsd so many vivid dreams the first night I used the CPAP. After a few days with it I felt much better.

When I got fibromyalgia I started waking up at 3 am every night. My dr gave me Trazodone too. Most nights I sleep through now.

Sleep... What is that? Amitryptaline didn't work, Seroquel... Nope, the list goes on. Recently figured out that my cluster headaches are waking me up around 4 to 5 times a night. Hence they want me to try Topomax. I was supposed to start tonight but the meds didn't arrive because the plane was grounded due to weather. On a more positive note, I saw my first polar bear with her 2 cubs! Made my day!

Ah a Polar bear and cubs how amazing...the nearest i will ever see that is on TV. Sleep yeah what is that a couple of hours with help of painkiller and sedative only to wake up feeling awful all over again after tossing turning most of the night.

Its like my mind is on full throttle and my body pumped up even when sedated and sleeping.

Willow, get out of my head! You described exactly how I feel when I try to sleep and then exactly what it is like when I do get sleep...lol. Oh, I started the Topomax. Well, it kinda sorta dulled the pain from a 20 out of 10 to a 18 /10. Now, I do know that they have to titirate me up. I did get crazy thirsty and things did taste weird. As far as my headaches, I can see that if I were on a strong enough dose, I would not have them anymore. Delightful thought! As for the sedating affect...how adorable! I would need an elephant sized dose of this drug to knock me out. But I hold out hope.

I haven't bothered with a sleep clinic yet, because to be honest I have no idea if this is part of fibro, or if it has anything to do with my CM. I seem unable to experience a deep sleep, so I am guessing I am not getting enough rest. That is wrecking havoc in my body, I guess. I'm starting to just be at peace with it, finally accepting I will never sleep like when I was a little girl (and even then my mom says I slept so little).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back