Sleep movements affect your fibromalagina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying

How does you sleep affect your fibro? I woke up this morning in such agony from one side. It could due to how i slept. Any other familiar with this question?

Like I just mentioned in italics at the end of the other thread:
"Yeah, of course pain can disturb sleep - however even after I got all my local pains down I still couldn't sleep much more, it was just a better, less tedious night. And I can sleep fairly well even with pain. So I believe the sleep problems are independent of pain, at least for me."
But now I see I understood it wrong way round.
I'd think it's not the sleep, it's the lying positions which cause pain and lots of it. I always have to get up at night, but one of the reasons is due to some discomfort or pain or unrest (yucky feeling, either all over, or esp. in my lower back) which gets better when I'm up a bit. I've adapted all I can with hard mattress, soft topper, 2 pillows, 1 hard cushion, sometimes hot water bottle where I need it, I also have several tissue boxes full of aids like lavender spray, arnica cream, dry mouth gel, lipstick and more, to alleviate what crops up. When I sleep long and deep the pain when I get up gets worse, so actually it may be good for my fibro that I usually wake up after every sleep cycle, every 1.5-2h. It's just the art of keeping the break down to under a five minutes, or find something to make me tired, or just use - again - yoga nidra - to pseudo-sleep...

Hi, thanks for your response. I meant the other way around does sleeping in wrong positions affect your fibro in the morning?
Today i woke up with no pain thank god. Just shoulder pain from a few nights ago. Maybe i slept the right way.

Hi, thanks for your response. I meant the other way around does sleeping in wrong positions affect your fibro in the morning?
Today i woke up with no pain thank god. Just shoulder pain from a few nights ago. Maybe i slept the right way.
Yeah, I did gather that if you read the second bigger part... 😏

Hi! for me the fibro is together with restless leg syndrome and most of the symptoms are coming at night when I am in bed. Make my life miserable, I am lucky I am on pension don't need to go to work, because the constant fatigue sometimes hold me back even small things to do.
Sometimes when I woke up morning my shoulder blade (the right side) is very stiff, and most of the time my foot is hurt I am limping until it is just start to working. Fibro is a suck illness make as miserable;-(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back