sleep problems and using a weighted blanket.

sunkacola

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Cindy, have you tried a TENS machine for your legs? I have found that it helps enough of the time to have made it worthwhile to have one. I also found that the leg pain and cramping that used to wake me up at night, as well as the restless legs, improved significantly when I started taking Calcium Citrate every day.

Jemima

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
Cindy, have you tried a TENS machine for your legs? I have found that it helps enough of the time to have made it worthwhile to have one. I also found that the leg pain and cramping that used to wake me up at night, as well as the restless legs, improved significantly when I started taking Calcium Citrate every day.
I was amazed how cheap TENS units are these days! Amazon is full of them, at a fraction of the cost of the last time I'd looked 👍

SH3

I love my TENS and my weighted blanket. I love pressure in general, I make my husband just hold me real tight when he hugs me but it hurts to be poked or tickled... I will bruise with the slightest poke...and I will throw punches if you even look like you are going to tickle me. LOL

JukeGen

I wake up several times during the night my legs never stop moving.
Hey Cindy, my legs used to be like that as well but I started rubbing a magnesium lotion into my legs every night before bed and it took a week or so but really helped! I used one bottle and kept forgetting to order more but my legs have been okay since which is even better! The brand was BetterYou. Definitely worth a shot before a weighted blanket just going by the prices. Although I'm also considering a weighted blanket because I barely get any deep sleep in general 🙃

Cindy Wood

Thank you JukeGen I will definitely try that, and hey I am there with you on not getting alot of sleep yikes:sleep:😲

Creola17

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nv
Thank you JukeGen, I just tried the magnesium spray this last week and it worked! It's "Dead Sea Magnesium Oil". Only 9 dollars a bottle. Wonderful.

JayCS

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
GE
yes it is restless leg
Ah... - a common med used for that here is levodopa/L-dopa (here with benserazide, which after reading it up I think is a good idea).
I was prescribed it to find out if I might have RLS or not.
It seemed to help a bit when underdosed, but not with the full dose. It seemed to then get worse.
It was then that I realized it was my lower back being sensitive to pressure, more exactly the area my sacroiliac joint SIJ.
When I tried to lie on my back more, which is sometimes better for my hunchback/kyphosis, it got worse.
Then I kept that down to under 5 minutes and since then it has gone, comes back when I don't keep to it.
It had been extremely sleep destructive. Now my acupressurist is trying to work on it, but it's a tough one.