Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2020
Country
US
State
WA
I got the results from my sleep study back today. I had 0.9 sleep interruptions per hour, and a O2 low of 94%. Average O2 was 97%. The doctor said at least 5 interruptions per hour and O2 below 90% or significant drops in O2 are indicators of sleep apnea. However, the results aren't conclusive since it was an at-home study. I don't think I'll be going for the in-lab test yet. Sleep apnea was a long shot to begin with. I meet with my primary doctor on Friday. I'll have to review The Fibro Manual for new ideas on improving sleep quality. What has worked for you all? Thanks.

Hi Dennis,
I did two at-home studies. In an in-lab test I'd've slept even worse than at home. I can look it up if you want, but I seem to remember my O2 lower than yours and no talk of sleep apnea.
Another irregularity: I supposedly snore 78% of the time. I laughed and shook my head when I heard that. My wife said no and I recorded my sleep noises over altogether at least 12 hours and detected about 8 minutes of sort of snoring. So I convinced my sleep-lab-psychiatrist that I just get less breath and make noises when I have a tube up my nose, a test side effect, and also my nose sometimes clots a lot.
That said I'm still working at trying to get my waking times down more (still 1-2h, 5-8x per night), to get more deep sleep. Weighted/heavy blankets and melatonin (2mg extended release) are the things I'm testing for a third time at the moment, altho they didn't work at all the first times.
Not that I'm completely dissatisfied with my sleep, I don't (usually) beat myself up if I'm awake at night, I sort of enjoy it, and treat it as a kind of strange normality, but it's something I can still work on.
Interestingly, sleeping in the afternoons still hasn't made the nights worse.
Also: Feeling feverish means I need to sleep as soon as possible, and not fog it over with cold showering like I used to.
And new is that since Wednesday I have become extremely tired, sleeping 9.5 to 11h per day. But also very relaxed, which is nice. And strange. It means playing better, very precise table tennis altho I'm almost sleeping. As if being too tense, keyed up makes my instincts more intuitive or something like that.
But on the other hand I've had to go on sick leave since then, altho I have very little pain at the same time, because I can't really think that well.... If I hadn't stopped the melatonin 10 days back I'd've thought it's an effect from that, but as it is, it's an interesting new phenomenon I'm curious to find out further about.... Actually the most likely cause is overdoing work in the last 6 weeks, but why it's come so late and hasn't resulted in pain, but in dead-tiredness is beyond me as of yet. :roll-eyes:

After consulting with my doctors, I'm going to increase my nightly magnesium supplement to 1,000 mg and guanfacine to 2 mg to see if that helps with deep sleep.

Interesting. Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back