Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
Maine
:-| I can not sleep. I seem to stay up all nite. then I wake up and stiff as a board. With that I seem to also forget to eat or take my meds. I just feel alone.

Hi there! Welcome to the boards! I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone, many of us here can understand your pain! I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I thought that maybe knowing this would help you feel better about this whole situation. Sometimes I feel alone as well, because I'm dealing with so many chronic health issues all at once and feel so lonely! I've a partner who seems to be in his own world and I just don't feel the need to worry about that anymore.

Don't worry, things will gt better! But you need to work on being more positive, just try to be positive, open and hope for the best! I'm sure thing will fall into place!

Hi there from Surry, Maine! Have you had a sleep study done? Sometimes that can help find a cause for sleep difficulties. I don't get the "good" sleep without meds. I take trazadone most nights. You can also try melatonin, which works for a lot of folks. A good bed also helps. Is you problem going to sleep or staying asleep or both? I have given up caffeine except for one coffee a day. No soda....caffeine and sugar are not helpful. When you go to bed, plan to sleep. No computer or other gadgets as they give off blue light that confuses your brain into thinking its daytime. I do use my iPad next to my bed with light turned off as I have a number of meditation applications that help me shut down my brain and stop the noise of the day.

Hey there. You are not alone here my dear. We are all linked here. I know exactly how you feel. I have been there. Sometimes I still experience it. I can suggest heat pads to avoid waking up stiff after being up late. Also, try setting alarms to remind you to take your meds everyday. The only way they will work is to take them everyday as prescribed and, taking them around the same time helps them work better I believe. Hang in there. You can do this and, it does get better with the proper treatment.

I was trying a B complex before bed, worked great the first months, but now I can't sleep early! I end up going to bed so late and then waking up so easy, grrr! I blame it on stress and I really think most folks here are suffering of that... I mean who wouldn't feel tense or stressed if in constant pain! But I believe there is hope! I might give melatonin a go if things continue this way even after or if it turns out I have nothing serious after all (my head).

So sorry to hear about your sleeping problems. As stated above, you are not alone in this. So many of us suffer from sleep disturbances and it is labeled as a cause of pain as well which is probably why you are stiff as a board. I can't really help too much in that area, though, as I'm still trying to get mine down. I used to sleep 10-14 hours a night my whole life. I went gluten free after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease and I actually woke up before 10am without an alarm! It's never, ever, every happened before. But, now my sleep is all screwy again. I hit a second wind about 10 or 11 and I can stay up til most likely 2am before I'm tired. I feel fatigued and tired when I wake up, even if I actually fell asleep at 10pm. I'm sure my sleep pattern sucks. I do still wake up before 10am now, but I never feel rested and have trouble falling asleep. We are all different. I am taking Cyclobenzaprine for muscle cramping. My husband has been on that before and knocks him right out. Wish it did me. I take before bed, but nope. I did buy some melantonin, but I haven't tried it yet. My son did and he said it really helped him alot. He has trouble sleeping, too. That might be something for you to look into.

I can second what trayne91 says, I have to be in bed before 11 or I get the second wind and can stay up all night. I use a cpap machine and earplugs and do visual imagery to get to sleep. I'm still not feeling refreshed when I awake but I do think that's getting better as well. My dr made me an appointment with a sleep consultant who along with my sleep apnea dr is suppose to teach me skills to help with the insomnia.
I have some good nights and still more bad ones but I'm hopeful the bad ones will diminish.

I had trouble sleeping also. They say that the older we grow the less we are able to sleep through the night.
I now make sure that I stand throughout the day. I stand and walk around for a total of 4 hours doing housework, and at my job.
Next, I do not Take a long shower unless its a rinse off at night because showers stimulate me, and makes me want to be on the go. Lastly, if I have to then I will take an Advil PM or Tylenol PM, or worse a BENADRYL. Benadryl knocks me out for more than 8 hours, and I wake up to groggy to drive.

Hi there. I haven't officially been diagnosed w/FB yet, but i am having sleep issues as well. I'm all backwards. It doesn't help I'm a night owl. I would just caution you on taking supplements like Melatonin. Especially if you are taking any medicine for depression or for sleep. Definitely talk to your dr first to make sure it's okay to take, Good luck...

Hi...I have struggled with good sleep and waking up so stiff that getting out of bed itself was a painful challenge. I started taking melatonin which helps me ease into sleep and i take naproxin both at bedtime (with the melatonin) and with my morning meal. if i'm diligent with the naproxen the stiffness is alot less. I also take zoloft for depression--and that seems to help in the overall scheme of things as well.

Please call your doctor about any over the counter pills. You may have an interaction with your prescription.
I take a generic of Paxil. So, I had to ask my doctor what I could do to sleep at night. He told me that it was ok to take the Benedryl.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling. It's best to call a doctor and describe your issues to him/her and have them work things out. It really sounds like you need to remind yourself to take your meds and to eat as well. Try and exercise (not too strenuously) and tire yourself out before night falls and try to have a calm environment to sleep in. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back