Hedy

Diagnosis
00/2006
Country
US
State
Ohip
Hello to all, nice to be here.

has anyone experienced extreme heat on upper body?
]

Uhm, I don't think I have so far, but again... I've experienced all sorts of weird things in the last two years! Let's see what the other forum members have to say. Because I've experienced extreme heat before, but it was generalized. I was 13 years old, so odd... I still remember that!

Do you mean your skin gets hot? With no fever etc?
My back and legs get like this when I have pain/ inflammation or a flare up.... (which is most of the time.) Dr's seem to brush right over it...
When this happens I also get a pattern on my skin, looks like mottling.... I've caught it on video and pictures to prove it to Dr's.
My back used to get so hot, my now ex boyfriend couldn't stand to touch me. Or lay next to me it was that bad

I've had a pretty bad burning scalp for a few days. It has since want away. So, it seems I've had some wierd things happen to me that doesn't happen to anyone else.I am on cymbalta and a side effect of that is sweating. So I have a lot of sweating due to my med.

Hello to all, nice to be here.

has anyone experienced extreme heat on upper body?
]

Hi Hedy... and welcome to the forum. Is that heat issue feeling better today... and were you able to sleep yesterday as the subject line indicated you wanted to do?

Is that heat physical on your skin so that others could feel it, or more of an internal heat while skin stays normal to the touch?

i have not experienced the extreme heat on the upper body. i did at a point a few years ago. i don't recommend sleeping the day away though. that is not a reasonable way to fight your pain. i advise getting out of bed at some point and getting the blood flowing. that is an excellent medicine in and of itself.

hello again. tks for input. still having heat issues, not just the back but in different areas, back,chest,legs, ext.. I also have my days and nights reversed, currently taking several meds. there is no question in my mind about stress as I had a very stressful job, after retirement I lost my first born son. tks again to all.

hedy, when you say heat on upper body, does it feel like it's burning? because if that's the case, I have felt that. neck, shoulders and upper back, then my scalp. I agree with rollinloud. you have to keep your blood flowing and your muscles loose, so they don't tighten up more.

Yes, I have sometimes experienced that and it just comes suddenly. I don't know what's wrong as well, but I somehow relate it to hormonal disturbance during my cycle. What have you found out about this case so far? It's a bit bothering to have these sensations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back