Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
i was wondering how many ppl with fibro still sleep with there OH.i can't for two reasons,one he snores and talks all night and two with fibro my sleep is bad, with pain ,being to hot or just not being able to sleep ,the idea of sharing a bed does not bowed well for me.
Sadly other half don't get this,and still things u should sleep in the same bed.whats the deal with sleeping together ,it's not the 1800 we have heating lol.
And why do ppl think if you don't sleep in the same bed there a problem.its not that I don't want to I wish I could I just can't.

Forgetmenot, I know tons of couples who sleep separately (without the issue of fibro)....as you get older, sleep is important to sustain the energy you have to put out for jobs, etc. Snoring is the number one issue (as is the issue with my OH) along with dozens of other reasons...some people can't sleep without light or noise while others like is dark and quiet; some people move around all night while others sleep in one position; some like it warm and others like it cold, etc., etc.

I can tell you that sleeping apart does more good to keeping a couple "happy" than losing sleep and being grumpy the next day!

I have found this to help. I have a small heating blanket that goes just across my knees and feet. I turn this on before I get in bed. I have a night mask and High grade earplugs that I use to block out all of the outside world. My Husband and I only hold hands or touch each others forearm. We have purchased a king size bed so that I am not bothered by his movements, and he is not bothered by my in and outs from bed. This with medication has helped.

My guy and I have separate beds for sleeping and we visit for snuggles. We'd both be zombies in pain if we slept together.

totally get it too! I am at my wits end with the snoring. I love him dearly, but had to start sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed in order to get rest. I have bad insomnia from my headaches and anxiety, so the snoring doesn;t help matters. I wish you luck, and sleeping seperate is totally fine doesn't mean there is a problem could make things even better for you guys!

xo Lyndsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back