DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
OH
Hi all,

My pain levels have been high enough to not be able to sleep through the night for a long time, so that is nothing new, but in the past month or so they have been so high that I can't stay asleep for more than 45-60 minutes at a time, at which point I am awakened by the pain, and I am guessing it is a very light sleep as well. It is a destructive cycle. My body desperately needs rest because I am so easily fatigued, but I am essentially getting no rest due to the pain and it has left me unable to function in both body and mind. Over the counter pain meds, sleep aids, relaxation techniques have no effect.

So my question for you guys is this: what have you found to be most effective in helping you sleep? I am open to trying prescription drugs if my doctor is willing to prescribe them.

Thank you for any and all suggestions you can offer,
Undaunted

The best thing to get you to sleep is to find some natural products because prescription pills can get you addicted...

You should consult some doctor, or else you may take a sound medication for a week and on later days go for some walk and try eat good and healthy food .

The dr put me on amitripolyn and tramadol .the amitripolyn is upped slowly. But it works .both work ��

You should certainly work with your doctor to try and find a solution to this issue, because a lack of sleep is very dangerous to your body in the long term, and you will certainly find that there are many negative effects as a result of this. If I were you, I would try to use some natural products before turning to anything else, as these are much less likely to be addictive, and this means that you might not have to worry about having to take them for longer than you need to.

Sure, with all the problems we have, adding lack of sleep is certainly bad news.

I've tried a bit of everything, but the only thing that has truly helped me sleep was exercising. Walking at least 30 minutes a day helped me loads to get rid of my muscular tension, which was causing me the pain which was making it harder for me to sleep. By walking I solved all those problems. Sadly I stopped once I started to feel better :(

I've exhausted most of the natural remedies I've heard of, like herbal supplements, soothing chamomile tea, lavender epsom salt baths, etc. I also do 20 minutes of gentle yoga every day and have a very active job, so I am keeping active. It certainly helps the initial falling asleep at night because I am so exhausted, but the pain is just so much that it wakes me up quite soon afterward and keeps me waking up/tossing and turning the whole night.

My rheumatologist does not want to treat fibro because it is not technically an inflammatory condition, so he is referring me back to my PCP so I can talk with her about what options I have. I am hesitant to hope though. I am not sure she will be keen on prescribing medication because I am so young. I suppose time will tell.

Everything you are describing is very similar to me. I have a hard time falling aslee, staying asleep and I wake up in pain constantly. My dr recently prescribed lyrica. It's supposed to help with the pain from fibro. I have been on it a week and I see a slight change. I go in again today and maybe we will up my dosage. I asked my pharmacist about something to help me sleep and he said the lyrica would help as well. Also no relief yet. I have yet to find any medication that takes my pain away. My dr wants me to try morphine but I really am uncomfortable with highly addictive drugs as I have an addictive personality. I can't give you and tips but I know how you feel.

Have you tried going to either a pain clinic or as a last resort a sleep Doctor. I don't use a rheumatologist to treat my fibro, I go to a pain clinic. I also have many other orthopedic issues to deal with, but then who doesn't right? I also have a very active job and have spells of not being able to sleep due to pain, sometimes I wonder if it due to over activity. It sucks and I hope you have some success.

Please consult a doctor.

I went without a full nights sleep for years, my Dr. At the time 2 yrs ago started me on amnitriptolane. It helped me 100 percent. I'm usually not one to push prescription pills, but this one worked for me. I take 75 mg. Good luck.

Young or not u have a right to be out of pain. Maybe u should point out that lack of sleep could put u and other ppl at risk if u drive.sometimes u have to be very firm with your dr.

Please consult a doctor.

Consult a Dr. definitely, but if the 5HTP and other things don't work I also take amitriptaline. I tried gabapentin but it bothered my stomach. Magnesium is a big help for muscle relaxation. There are combinations with boswellia, mag, etc. that helped me for awhile. Dr. Teitlebaum's sleep formula worked well too. He is on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back