Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
Welcome to winter! We just experienced a tremendous early nor'easter here in Maine. Fourteen inches of wet heavy snow and gale force winds. Trees down, power out for three days, cold and miserable. I am aching and exhausted from shoveling and lugging water and firewood, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thank goodness the sun is back and melting the snow and ice quickly. Now to deal with the trees and branches all over the road and yard. How many more months til Spring?

Bless your aching body! How do you cope with the after effects of stressing your muscles to do all those chores....I guess a nice hot bath is out of the question unless you have gas heating. Weather fronts freak out my fibro so I know you are hurting. Time to curl up in front of the fire covered in Ben Gay..LOL!

Curled up is right! The wood stove gives off wonderful dry heat so I hovered nearby. Warmed up rice pillows were also a salvation. I managed by working five minutes on and at least 15 minutes off. Then a big long rest. If I don't stay positive, I'd end up in bed forever. Little rewards helped, too. A cup of cocoa. A bit of leftover Halloween candy. A warm toddy.

I love the snow....Just sayin.... :) Seeing the title of your post just got me to smiling (although I really need to be sleeping right now since it's 2:00 a.m.) Shoot! LOL.... Sorry, I get goofy sometimes when I'm tired....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back